• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get intermet through access point

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

I have a Lenovo Duet tablet I am trying to use an external wifi antenna to access wifi portal which is open . The antenna does work with other computer but not with Lenovo Duet. When I plug in external antenna through usb-c port on The Lenovo Duet tablet with a booster and the open wifi portal does not show on the network list. AnywayI can make this work?

Look in Device Manager and be sure that the antenna is visible as a device attached to the port. If there's a yellow triangle by the item, if listed, you may need to have Winderz search for a driver; not sure as the device should be discoverable. Otherwise, check to be sure there is a 'handshake' going on with your router, that your lappy has the proper security key of the router to initialize.

Either the duet and the usb-c dongle work together or they don't. If they do worst case scenario is it won't see any 5Ghz signals, only the older 2.4's. Pretty simple.

Back