• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get over this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I've configured a small workgroup. Main computer is having windows xp pro and a usb adsl modem which i made ICS. The rest of the computer are notebooks computers randomly connected for software downloading and virus checking through online. Anyway still I couldn't enable the ICS to the other computers connecting to the workgroup. When the other computers connected to the workgroup it shows the adsl is shared but i cannot access internet through other computers.

But at the momnent my main problem is I cannot access the files in the main desktop computers from the other notebook computers connecting to the workgroup. All the connecting computers can see each other and share thier files but not the desktoip m/s's files. Anybody can explain why is this? It alwsy asking a password with to connect ot htat drives which I've not given. One more thing is it ask for the administrative drive access password. (c$) so if somebody have a suggection to overcome this problem please let me know. :temper:

well isn't there any one ever have any clue about the problem or am I lack of giving information about the problem? :confused:

If your username is "oc" and password is "com" on the laptop, you will need a user account with same credentials on your XP machine. THen you won't get the logon screen. I'm assuming your "main" machine has XP....forgive me. :) Your XP machine should be handing out IP's...right? What IP addresses do the laptops have?

Back