• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make liquid coolant for my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I recall EK was not the only source that stated PT nuke being a prob.
Not to mention that is was in violation of EK warranty's.

Ek added the fact that using PTnuke will violate the waranti after they "discovered" that PTnuke was the trouble. Wich was not .... I had tons of nickel bloc that never had issue with PTnuke, my only that had was 2 EK wb released before the PTnuke gimic from them.

Im speaking of my own experience with PTnuke and nickel.

IIRC, it was EKWBs' fault not PT. Alas, I do not have any personal experience, all from my readings ;)

Modz

Ps: Boulard, your sig is hard to read and strenuous on the eyes. :rofl:

QUOTE=Boulard83;7391972]Ek added the fact that using PTnuke will violate the waranti after they "discovered" that PTnuke was the trouble. Wich was not .... I had tons of nickel bloc that never had issue with PTnuke, my only that had was 2 EK wb released before the PTnuke gimic from them.

Im speaking of my own experience with PTnuke and nickel.[/QUOTE]

To The OP: And others, just so you know some of the story

Agreed. If you followed the EK issue with the flaking, Eddie (CEO) of EK really made some mistakes and took a lot of heat for it across the PRO WC world. It was a translation issue at times and his stubborness. (EK is in Croatia BTW)

PT-Nuke was made to work with the early, years ago mixes due to dissimliar metals and odd mixes. Petra came out with PHN-Nuke in 2010 I think. It is for Distilled water, no funny liquids.

It was not the liquid that messed up EK blocks. It was his manufacturers very poor nickle plating. Was junk.

Eddie can say whatever he wants for warrenty of his product, even say only run 110 octane unobtainuim in his loops, that is purely up to the maker of a product.

Anyhoo, many of us buy the silver coil for a biocide. Your welcome to use that noggin on top of your shoulders (wiki) and see why it works. Might want to since you have such a messed up first post on how to make your own fliuds, to include dye. We say more than a few times a month, and it's ALL OVER the stickies, what we positively reccomend for liquids.

ASUS ROG: You been here for a while and you watercool, looks like you missed some info.

Last edited:
Last thing i used was copper sulfate, wich worked really well for 2 yr. Im not WCing anymore for ~6months now. Maybe ill dive again into WC.. who know ! I suggested copper sulfate in this thread.

As for my sig, i know ;)

Conumdrum, If you keep telling people to go read the stickies, there wont be anything to talk about anymore lol.

:cool: I had to put my sun glasses on to read this thread. Goodlord that sig is vicious!

OK when I was saying not to use PT nuke I was referring to my experiences from using it. Not the rank EK went on blaming everything from latex pants to distilled water.
I used to use PT nuke, and I will never use it again. Definity not with stuff that's nickel plated.
I had none stop problems with build up and corrosion manly on nickel plated fittings.
TBH the only EK nickel plated block I had that had troubles was one I was using PT nuke with.
I sold all but one of my recalled EK blocks not long ago, all of witch where fine. I'm still using one BTW. and it's a recalled one.

Last edited:
OK when I was saying not to use PT nuke I was referring to my experiences from using it. Not the rank EK went on blaming everything from latex pants to distilled water.
I used to use PT nuke, and I will never use it again. Definity not with stuff that's nickel plated.
I had none stop problems with build up and corrosion manly on nickel plated fittings.
TBH the only EK nickel plated block I had that had troubles was one I was using PT nuke with.
I sold all but one of my recalled EK blocks not long ago, all of witch where fine. I'm still using one BTW. and it's a recalled one.

Not saying anyting about you or whatever, I just wanted to put some info out there so folks:

• Would know the diff between the two types
  • Know some of the history of EK and the PT-Nuke Fiasco.
That's all really. No worries Voodoo dude, all is good. :chair:

Lastly, anyone ever use the Vegas font in word? With the blinky lights around the words?

Mods, can we have that for a sig? At 35,000 brightness? Pleeeeezzzeee?:rofl:

EK, from EK's own latest research, said in the end it was any uninhibited distilled water causing the problem (ie lack of corrosion inhibitors) and they showed their nickel plating would not hold up under just pure distilled water over time...testing here:
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IMAGES/EK_STAINING_TEST.pdf

And that goes along with fact that many that used just distilled water alone, even some that used inhibited fluid, had damaged EK nickel plating.

Plating companies that use nickel for anticorrosion protection, such as in marine use, use 75 micron thick nickel plating, tedious prepping, and outer phosphate or chrome hardening and its way more expensive than what we pay for. Minimum recommended is 15-20 microns with hardening. I think swiftech uses such hardening.

Suggest 4 micron thick plating which EK states they use, and their mass prepping probably used to keep it affordable, and you would get laughed at... if you called that anti-corrosion coating.

EK wants you to use anticorrosives (which is not compatible with PT nuke and many other additives) to slow the inevitable loss of 4 microns plating, to hopefully a point where you will upgrade before gets to bad.

plain distilled vs distilled with silver vs distilled with pt nuke, in a couple months all is going to be ion soup from picking up copper, zinc (if brass rad) etc ions from rad/blocks....so doubt it matters whether you pre-polute the water with copper ions via pt nuke or not, other than few weeks head start your create.

Back