• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make your gf / wife play games ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my g/f loves computer games. she can own me at C+C G and shes got an excellent game going in sims 2. its class. i can sit at my pc all night, and she isnt bothered, she will sit playing on the xbox :D

Before my wife was playing computer games like Red Alert 2 and Continuum. I am a hardcore FPS player (CS:CZ, BF2, DOOM, HL2, etc.), and I first tried to introduce her to a game that had great reviews from most. So I got her to watch and play HL1, and then we transitioned to HL2. From there she started to play more of my kind of games. I agree that you should introduce them to games slowly and work your way up. We now are in a CS:CZ clan and play in leagues together (XPL, CAL). A couple that plays fps together, pwns together. Lol. Later,

My girlfriend prefers console games. She would rather play Madden on console than on PC. When we're not watching football, we're playing it. The only game she ever really liked on PC was the Medal of Honor series. She never played them for too long because she said she would get dizzy after awhile.

I got her started off by having her play Super Mario World on SNES and all 3 Donkey Kong games on the SNES. From there, she hasn't stopped. She brings a ton of games home quite often which sounds cool, but she is picking these games up because the cover "looked cool." You can imagine how many crappy games we have lying around the house.

my girlfriend likes them .. what ever you call the sims.. i dont really like them.. not enough blood.

her last boyfriend was a huge gammer (invited her over, then he would just play for 5 hours while she wateched.. guess thats why shes going out with me now..) so i dont play much games around her.. she can play very good at most games..she just rather would play doing "other" things..

i would love to get her to play some type of pc game that i could play with her when shes at home.. o well.. i can dream cant i?

my girlfriend will play halo 2 with me, but she doesn't like to get killed, and since she's not very good yet, she gets frustrated easily. then when she gets frustrated she doesn't want to play anymore. She'll also play Burnout 3, she's pretty good at that.

Even though I am very opposed to MMO's, I think they best fit the bill as a "gateway" game. You might want to try WoW, or maybe Vanguard (when it comes out). Try to pick one that is very bright and inviting, don't stick her in the middle of a living hell (literally).

My wife plays the usual solitaire or majong. She has played the harry potter games also and likes the ps gt3. I've found the best solution is just to start gaming after she goes to bed. Sleep? Yeah that's a hobby if mine too, when I can get to it! ;)

O

My wife likes the platform games ....sonic, crash bandicoot, spyro, and those flash yahoo games. Its the stuff that I call kids games. But she says all I do is try to kill stuff no matter what I play. I am working her up to racing games.

The key to getting a wife/gf to play is to start off cute and cuddly

Remember, cute and cuddly, boys. Cute and cuddly.

hibner said:
... Remember, cute and cuddly, boys. Cute and cuddly.

Ah, and you've watched a few "kid stuff movies" too! <cough> madagascar <cough> Not that I would know anything about that... ;)

O

Come now you dolt, if she (your girlfriend/wife) isn't interested in playing games in the first place, then why force it upon her? I mean, would you ever learn to bake cookies and ice cakes just because she does it? I rather doubt it. You should have thought about this before you started dating/got married.

Too bad for you.

With that said, pay attention to the kind of movies she likes. If she hates violent movies, there's a pretty fat chance she won't like M-rated games. As Hibner said, you might have to settle for a chick who plays it "cute and cuddly." Try starting with something mild like Crash Bandicoot, and see where that takes you. Most of these "cute and cuddly" girls will probably never be able to handle playing FPS's, simply because girls are generally more sensitive to death and evil.

Yep.

i wish i knew how my dad did it...

my mom plays City of heros and city of villians with my dad ( my mom has her on PC now ).

He also got her into Call of duty 1. she's been playing that alot too!

and we'll probably bump her up to Call of duty 2 here soon ( a good gift idea, heh ).

and she will play the console as well! she KICKS *** at racing games! We have one of those Racing wheels for games. the one with force feedback and all.

My dad went out and bought her a small PC type desk, so she could attach the steering wheel to it, and sit for hours on end and play her racing games.

she will sit down for HOURS and play gran-turismo!

plus she likes older games like the older mario games, Pong, Frogger, she is ADDICTED to galaga and Galexian! me and her would go back and forth for HOURS trying to beat each other's high score!

My girlfriend on the other hand....she plays Zelda...and only a few other games. but mostly that style. she is HORRIBLE ( and i feel bad for the word horrible, becuse she puts the word to shame ) at first person shooters. on PC or console....maybe i can train her some day....

still trying to get her into other games....but its not that easy.

My dad used to play Diddy Kong Racing on N64 with me, but that was basically the extent of my parent's playing video games. My dad doesn't make my mom play golf (sometimes she doesn't even listen to his stories about it), and she doesn't make him like gardening, end of story. You can try to introduce to some games, but if she doesn't like them forcing them on her will do more harm than good. Like aimee said, don't expect her to like them just like you wouldn't want to do stuff she likes (whatever that might be). I mean, I know you're supossed to spend time doing stuff together, but I know you can think of something more romantic than Doom 3.

5|*42 said:
My dad used to play Diddy Kong Racing on N64 with me, but that was basically the extent of my parent's playing video games. My dad doesn't make my mom play golf (sometimes she doesn't even listen to his stories about it), and she doesn't make him like gardening, end of story. You can try to introduce to some games, but if she doesn't like them forcing them on her will do more harm than good. Like aimee said, don't expect her to like them just like you wouldn't want to do stuff she likes (whatever that might be). I mean, I know you're supossed to spend time doing stuff together, but I know you can think of something more romantic than Doom 3.
Yea. The lighting in Doom 3 is too dark to be considered romantic anyway.

see... i grew up lucky. Both my parents were computer geeks and video game freaks. They would play video games with me and my bros and quite often kick our butts at them. Mom really loved Mario Kart, but about the time the N64 came out, she had to quit playing video games. She was being crippled by Primary Progressive Multiple Schlerosis and couldn't move her fingers anymore.

ANYWAYS.... yeah... grew up with parents that played games with us.. a dad that OWNED at all the Mortal Kombats and Madden games... and who is currently playing WoW alongside my other 2 bros... LOL.

I'm just lucky that my wife likes wrestling games and loves GTA (she has never played it, but she loves watching me play it... she's a secret carnage-lover.. LOL).

Flip-Mode said:
I'm going to hook my gf on gaming as soon as she gets a new puter, she played GTA:SA at my place and she liked it very much.

Me: "Baby can we go out tonight?"
Her: "I don't think so, I've got a clan match in 20 mins"

How morbid is that???
Or even worse:
Me: "Baby why isn't there any dinner?"
Her: "Don't ask, that Smokey double crossed me and I had to kill him but he wouldn't go down easily, I had to chase his sorry *** in a boat for like 20 mins."

hahaha! thats was hilarious, my girlfiend is right here next to me. she never gets to game on my pc cause i'm always tweaking it/tearing it down, etc. when it does run, its running near instability.

she has her older brothers n64 and plays starfox alot.

Careface said:
Lol sadly enough, the only girls ive gone out with (as im 16, no wife yet ;)) I have met at LANs.. LAN girls = cream of the crop, imo

Careface*
You're ahead of me buddy. I'm still working on the first part of this problem. :p

Back