• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mine VCT(Verticoin)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
hey guys, since I noticed a need for some advice and discussion on mining VCT, I figured a separate thread would be best.
I will start with basics:
- VCT doest work on regular cgminer, it needs its own miner found here: http://vertcoin.org/#mining
- however regular cgminer config works ;) and with api-allow enabled, cgwatcher can watch it like a regular cgminer
- note: hashrate for VCT will look half of your normal, that is as it should be
- note: high intensity is not best for VCT, lower your intensity 1-2 points from your normal setup

Cuda miner, sadly I don't have one, but there is some info on the link posted above http://vertcoin.org/#mining
also there are cuda members here and im sure some of them will help if you have issues with yours

happy mining all :thup:

update: heres even a calc http://www.verters.com/vertcoin-mining-calculator
thanks Janus for pointing it out to me

Last edited:
Vertcoin has already posted a "special miner" for nvidia cards.

http://vertcoin.org/

e/ after reading I have found low hash rates for Vertcoin is normal.

Thanks, I did not know that!

As for autotune, it takes a few minutes, and puts a lot of strain on the gpu.
Give it some time :)

EDIT: Here ya go Kasey:
From the Bitcointlak thread:
Here are my settings for my Cudaminer with GTX 780. i am getting 180 Khash/s with it.

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -i 1 -l T12x24 -C 2 -H 2

Last edited:
lol i tried putting my 6970 on vert and i get like 10khs yeah 10!! in normal cgminer i get 525 to 530 but i also dont know what im doing lol

lol i tried putting my 6970 on vert and i get like 10khs yeah 10!! in normal cgminer i get 525 to 530 but i also dont know what im doing lol

No, somethings wrong.

Here's my command line for my 6850:

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://vtc.poolz.net:3333 -u Silver_Pharaoh.001 -p password --thread-concurrency 5120 -w 64 -I 17

That give 140 Kh @ 970 core 900 memory.

You must lower the TC for the modded cgminer to run.
That's why my TC is only 5120

It is possible you might be cpu mining? I had that happen the first time I tried running it and grabbed the wrong client.

torin ive got the gpu miner i just dont have it setup right i guess

@ silver ill try what you have and mod it for the 6970 whats your normal hash rate in the normal cgminer???

torin ive got the gpu miner i just dont have it setup right i guess

@ silver ill try what you have and mod it for the 6970 whats your normal hash rate in the normal cgminer???

Normal cgminer = 280 Kh (my 6850)

Thanks, I did not know that!

As for autotune, it takes a few minutes, and puts a lot of strain on the gpu.
Give it some time :)

EDIT: Here ya go Kasey:
From the Bitcointlak thread:
Here are my settings for my Cudaminer with GTX 780. i am getting 180 Khash/s with it.

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -i 1 -l T12x24 -C 2 -H 2

Yeah. I let it run for about 15-20 minutes and still didn't do anything. The longer it ran the slower my computer got.

Yeah. I let it run for about 15-20 minutes and still didn't do anything. The longer it ran the slower my computer got.

Wow! such thread move :p

Anyway, cudaminer shouldn't do that. Did it work before?

Since ~ 10 Am yesterday, i have mined 0.6 VTC :D
That's ~ 0.0045 BTC, double my usual daily BTC :thup:
And it's not even been 24 hours yet! :rock:

Last edited:
Well, I downloaded the latest windows miner, vertminer, and it seems to be running well for me right now. I'm getting about 350Kh/s on each 7970, with 1.115Vcore, 1020 core clock and 1500 mem clock.

Here is my batch file to start it:

Code:
@echo on
ECHO "cgminer miner startup"
ECHO.
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
vertminer --scrypt-vert -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ecurie.io:3333 -u torin3.worker -p workerpass -I 13,13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 6144,6144 -w 256,256 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20 --temp-overheat 85,85

Well, I downloaded the latest windows miner, vertminer, and it seems to be running well for me right now. I'm getting about 350Kh/s on each 7970, with 1.115Vcore, 1020 core clock and 1500 mem clock.

Here is my batch file to start it:

Code:
@echo on
ECHO "cgminer miner startup"
ECHO.
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
vertminer --scrypt-vert -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ecurie.io:3333 -u torin3.worker -p workerpass -I 13,13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 6144,6144 -w 256,256 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20 --temp-overheat 85,85

Seems right. You usually get 1/2 your regular cgminer hashrate.

Seems right. You usually get 1/2 your regular cgminer hashrate.

Yeah, first time I tried it though, and I only got about 19Kh/s on my second card.

Temps are running 75°C on both cards.

I'll be running middlecoin on the cards I'm getting the next 2 days, but I think I'll keep my work cards on here for a while.

Yeah, first time I tried it though, and I only got about 19Kh/s on my second card.

Temps are running 75°C on both cards.

I'll be running middlecoin on the cards I'm getting the next 2 days, but I think I'll keep my work cards on here for a while.

Usually I mine DGC, but vertcoin is just way too good to pass up.
I'll be mining it till it starts to die, then I'll hold some. :)

well no point holding if it starts to die :)) but it may be a time to move when difficulty makes its profitability less than alternative coins, atm it is 2x normal coins, which is sweet, hope it holds (price can increase and it will hold even with increased diff)

well no point holding if it starts to die :)) but it may be a time to move when difficulty makes its profitability less than alternative coins, atm it is 2x normal coins, which is sweet, hope it holds (price can increase and it will hold even with increased diff)

Well even if the price dips, I'll hold a little bit.
I think Vertcoin will be better than LTC one day, but time will tell :)

but you also only get half the hash rate. or is that already calculated in the 2x normal coins?.

Vertcoin is my first time mining a specific coin. I have been doing Auto traders only.

Any info on how to setup the Cuda miner for Vertcoin? I've never tried it before, and although it already has a batch file setup, I don't understand the username/password portion. Username/password to what? A pool? What if I wanna mine solo to my own wallet?

I haven't tried solo mining, but I would assume, if you wanted to solo mine, your Wallet Address would be your username. For CUDAminer set-up, Card matters. It's a start to just use the same settings you use for your normal mining (that's what I did). I coudln't get Auto tune to work for their customized miner, but maybe you will have better luck?

Last edited:
but you also only get half the hash rate. or is that already calculated in the 2x normal coins?.

Vertcoin is my first time mining a specific coin. I have been doing Auto traders only.

I haven't tried solo mining, but I would assume, if you wanted to solo mine, your Wallet Address would be your username.

hashrate is irrelevant, i just looked at what i earn with the same hardware and its double in btc, if the rate of vtc goes up, it may end up being even more

well no, for solo mining you need to setup your wallet to accept mining (edit the wallet config, add user, add pass, add ip to allow connect from) and then you need to connect your cgminer to your wallet IP (localhost), but solo is not feasible for vtc anymore, it was probably good only the first day, sometimes only the first hour :))

Can somebody let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Vertminer is showing GPU 0 and GPU 1 and both are getting about 350-360Kh/s. At the top, it is showing my average Kh/s as 716.8

However at ecurie.io, the graph is showing my Kh/s as only around 360Kh/s.

And since 7:30 eastern time, it shows I've mined .276 Vertcoins.

Do I have to enter the pool twice to get credit for both cards, or maybe make another worker account?

was same here before I also noticed my stale number was insane, hows your stale ? my issue was the scantime was too aggressive for these vtc pools, set it to 5+

Can somebody let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Vertminer is showing GPU 0 and GPU 1 and both are getting about 350-360Kh/s. At the top, it is showing my average Kh/s as 716.8

However at ecurie.io, the graph is showing my Kh/s as only around 360Kh/s.

And since 7:30 eastern time, it shows I've mined .276 Vertcoins.

Do I have to enter the pool twice to get credit for both cards, or maybe make another worker account?

was same here before I also noticed my stale number was insane, hows your stale ? my issue was the scantime was too aggressive for these vtc pools, set it to 5+

Weird. Vtc.poolz.net reports my hashrate correctly. 140 Kh +- 20Kh

Back