• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mod my OCZ Modstream's 3.3v rail?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuprSonik

I have a DFI Lanparty nF3 with a OCZ Modstream 450W, and I want to pick up some Winbond UTT, but with a limit of 3.2v I won't be able to get the most out of it. I searched around a bit, but I couldn't find anything that explained how to do this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

While I am not sure this will work, it is likely that the PSU either has internal pots, or 3.3v sense lines, which can easily be modded. Check this for information on the vsense mod.

:welcome:

Just remember to keep the 3.3 rail in the 5% safe range...

That beta bios is a bad thing to use...if this is what you are wanting to adjust the 3.3v rail for...you will have to adjust your rails up to around 3.8v to get the DIMM voltage to around 3.6 - 3.8v...and that is too far out of specs to safely run your system...

glock19owner said:
:welcome:

Just remember to keep the 3.3 rail in the 5% safe range...

That beta bios is a bad thing to use...if this is what you are wanting to adjust the 3.3v rail for...you will have to adjust your rails up to around 3.8v to get the DIMM voltage to around 3.6 - 3.8v...and that is too far out of specs to safely run your system...

Im going to have to disagree with you there. I run 3.7v on my 3.3v 24.7. 5% is nothing. There is nothing wrong with running out of spec. People crank there CPU voltages up, and all sorts of other stuff, but are scared to run their PSUs out of spec. I just don't get it.

Back