• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Overclock A Dell!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI -

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, bought 12/04. The PLL IC is an ICS 950201, which is on the unsupported list, so FSB frequency cannot be changed.

Severin B.

Overclock my Dell 3.4G

:shrug: I just got a new Dell P4 3.4G and got curious about the CPUFSB program and believe it might work for me if my PLL was loaded? It just kept telling me error reading PLL. The numbers on the chip are stamped just as follows, its an ICS.

9541010FLF

Im not even sure which number to use? Im new to this way of Overclocking.

Awesome. I have a Dimension 4400 serving footrest duty at present; everything on it is duplicated on the new box as well as an external HDD so it's mine to fiddle with (no worries if the HDD does die as i have spares). One of these days I'll get organized enough to try it :beer:

This is a no-go on the Optiplex GX150. :( Furthermore, the CPUFSB website lists this model's PLL in the list of permanently unsupported PLLs. :( :(

no easy overclocking for me.

Whats going on fellas? I read this post after finding it on Google, damn good post man, but I've got a problem. I'm not a noob in PC's but I get an error in CPUFSB, saying that its getting an Incorrect number of bytes. Should be 6 actual 8.

I followed your instructions, I've got a dell xps gen 2, a 3.2Ghz.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? :confused:

Thx.

Well, I can't speak for modern Dell machines, as I originally posted this almost 5 years ago! This thread just keeps hanging on! Anyone have experience with the newer boxes that can help out Sergey?

Well, I can't speak for modern Dell machines, as I originally posted this almost 5 years ago! This thread just keeps hanging on! Anyone have experience with the newer boxes that can help out Sergey?

Thanks for the reply, its not that new, got it back in 2004. So its a 4 year old machine. Still really good though, although I need to update my graphics, and would love to overclock this baby. From 3.2 to atleast 3.4

Hello I am New here and this is my first post, I just tried it out on my Dell 2400 with a Pent 4 2.66 ghz processor and it is not supported, I have
ICS 950 201 AF and that DLL is not listed. Just wanted to share that for people that stumble upon this as I did:)

Time for an ElCheapO aftermarket MoBo!

Whats going on fellas? I read this post after finding it on Google, damn good post man, but I've got a problem. I'm not a noob in PC's but I get an error in CPUFSB, saying that its getting an Incorrect number of bytes. Should be 6 actual 8.

I followed your instructions, I've got a dell xps gen 2, a 3.2Ghz.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? :confused:

Thx.

If your XPS has a socket 775 chip (late Pentium 4, Pentium D, Core 2, etc.) try a BSEL pad-mod. Depending on your CPU's default FSB you just might be able to overclock that way, run CPU-Z and let us know exactly what processor you have and then we can give you advice on which BSEL mod to try.

know the chipset is the factor of doing vid pin and pad mods for all oem boxes. if the fsb your tring to mod to doesnt work then good changes the chipset doesnt support it natively.

Hi!

I'm trying to overclock my Dell Optiplex GX280.
Cpu-z shows as follows:
Intel Celeron 325 (Socket 775 LGA, probably Pentium 4 Celeron D).
Core Speed is around 2,500 Mhz now.
Mainboard:
Dell
Model: 0F7739
Chipset: i915P/i915G
Southbridge (?): 82801FB (ICH6)
LPCIO: SMSC

And now to the point...
How can I find PLL for that Dell? I see two little "things" that look like the ones that should have the PLL number. One is 25 mhz and second 14 mhz. So I think 14 mhz is the right one. But the PLL looks strange... It is:
FS14.31P or FS14,31P or FS1431P (I'm not sure if there is , or . or it is just scratch, but it looks like there is some space beetween FS13 and 31P, so...).

I don't know what to do :|. Is it PLL? I think my Dell is overclockable, but can you help me a bit?

Motherboard is Dell, it has Intel Chip and on the edge of board some chip with "SMSC" and some numbers on it...

Hello,

I realize this post is aged, but was wondering if you know the updated links for the PLL.

I of course followed your steps and it looks like my box may be a good candidate for OCing. I have an Optiplex GX280. The PLL is ICS. P4 3.8 GHZ 3 Gig ram.

Appreciate any help. I have built an arcade machine and thre seems to be some lag.

Take care
JC

Sarr, I would recommend getting SetFSB and try different clockgen IDs until you get it to work. If you can't get any of them to work, chances are you're out of luck.

Don't expect miracles, or even an overclock. Anything you get is merely a bonus. The best solution is probably to buy / build an inexpensive machine if you need it to go faster.

Back