• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Overclock CPU on giga M68MT-S2P rev 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpusas

Registered
HI! I bought this board, realised afterwards there wasn't any OC options in the bios for CPU clock. kinda gutted, but stumbled accross a thread which mentioned a hidden menu (Ctrl+F1).

so now I can adjust the multiplyer etc in the bios only trouble is if I put it up even just 200-201 my monitior doesnt come on and 10 secs later it resets back to 200 and boots.

do i need to change anything else like voltage? or is this just a confirmation of I cant OC my cpu as I first suspected?

thanks.

Last edited:
so now I can adjust the multiplyer etc in the bios only trouble is if I put it up even just 200-201.

If you are talking multiplier then the numbers would be like 10, 10.5, 11 and so forth not 200 plus which is what we call FSB or Front Side Bus. Upping from 200 to 201 and you get freeze means without more information about what is adjustable in the bios...you are not going to overclock it seems. FSB increases the speed of the ram and the cpu. And an increase of only a single 1 times the actual multiplier could be a cpu speed increase of maybe 15 or 20 mhz. That should not cause failure to boot followed by a reboot on its' own.

Increase the cpu voltage and the ram voltage by a small amount and see if you can do 202 where you called it multiplier but is really FSB.

Sorry I actually meant the FSB, multiplyer is 15.5 max
seems it wont OC no matter what I do, guess its just not supported. should of read up about this before purchased, but i figured all boards do OC'ing these days.
anyhow i've ordered a new board, GA-880GM-UD2H.

You maybe want give a try to setFSB, that give you the option to overclock from OS.

Back