• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlock Cores AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T0RS

Hey all i bought ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition and i want to unlock all 6 cores and i don't know almost a thing about unlock core the only thing i tried i did go to bios and actived unleash mode and actived all 6 cores then pc restarted and windows doesn't boot anymore its just restarts restarts then i did go back and dezactived unleash mode sorry for my bad english

Not all cpu's will unlock its never guaranteed. When I had a 960t it did unlock but not everyone is that lucky. Sorry about the chip !

the cores on the amds cpu that are disabled are usually bad when they BINed them so they sell them as quads instead,its a hit and miss with unlocking cores that have been locked with AMD.

maybe someone who still uses AMD and has unlocked some cores will be able to help you more with this as i havent touched AMD in some time.

only way to be sure you will get 6 cores is to order a cpu with 6 cores already unlocked.

Might want to try giving it a little more voltage, if the cores do unlock it might need more power to run, but again they're most likely bad cores too, its worth a shot.

I have had 50% success on chips I have tried to unlock its still a good chip even with 4 cores because it should be slightly better and run a little cooler becuase it is still a thuban chip. basically you got what you paid for which was a 4 core chip lol.

yes but i tought i can get 6 for the price of 4 :)gues didn;t work

also i forgot to mention when i did enable unleash mode to enable more cores i did shoe me 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 i and i did enable 1-6 and ofc as i said didn;t work also still with unleash mode enabled i dezactived 5 6 7 8 and still didn't work then i did try even with 2 cores and didn;t work also the point is when i enable unleash mode windows doesn't boot doesn't mater how many cores are enabled

i thought it was something to do with advanced clock calibration when unlocking amd cpu's? depends on the board aswell iirc.

pretty sure your board has advanced clock calibration, have a check in the bios and enable it.

You can also disable the extra two cores one at a time and you might find that only one of them is invalid. To have five good cores from a 960T was actually pretty common.

Back