• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this looking so far (temps/performance) fx6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look for settings in the bios, like eist, c1, etc, those are the green settings. If you disable those, and change the power plan in windows to "High Performance" the jumps in the cpu frequencies, should settle down.

C1/e will not cause such jumping around unless in idle only mode. TurboCore can jump the cpu multiplier up to whatever the Max Turbo multiplier is and drop back to the default multiplier. That is usually a 300Mhz jump or so.

APM disabled stops cpu throttling on most brands of mobo.

HPC enabled should also stop cpu throttling if in bios. Some say that Giga boards act stupid if you disable APM and enable HPC. I don't have nor plan to own a Giga board, so not sure. HOWEVER, cpu throttling that I have heard about normally drops WAY the heck back in multiplier and stays for a period of time until heat drops back. That is the more or less description of cpu throttling. Said another way, cpu throttling as I understand it is not going to change cpu speed by 300Mhz or so.
RGone...ster.

Well, I couldn't get it stable at 4gz. Kept freezing a few minutes into prime. Seems to be holding good at 3.8 though. Thanks for all the help.

Well, I couldn't get it stable at 4gz. Kept freezing a few minutes into prime. Seems to be holding good at 3.8 though. Thanks for all the help.
It's likely that the Vrm can't give the cpu enough clean power to get it stable there.

It's likely that the Vrm can't give the cpu enough clean power to get it stable there.

I think you are likely correct there "manny" as relates clocking FX on a "DS3P" mobo. A much newer UD3P would likely do the deal, but after what Giga did to all their AM3+ UD3 Rev 3.0 board customers, I have very little for Giga.
RGone...ster.

Back