• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HT Link FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

civictuga

Registered
Hi. I have a question about the fx 6300.

I have a fx 6300 and m5a97 evo r2.0 and with "auto" settings my ram is on auto = 1600mhz cl11 with HTT at 2400 / nb 2000
If i set manual ram to 1600 or use ram profile in D.O.C.P the HTT will drop to 2000.
What HT LINK have this cpu? im confused
2jfqzt.png.jpg

970 chipset only goes up to 2400 :(

but why the ram drops the ht link to 2000?

HT link faster than CPU-NB doesn't improve performance at all so its not like it even matters. Set them both to 2200 or 2400 manually. Get in the habit of setting everything possible manually, as motherboards are notoriously bad at setting these things correctly.

I really dont want to overclock the nb speed because it will need hours of stability testing.
I will loose performance if i use ht and nb both at 2000? or is better to simple put them at 2200?

ps: i only use the computer for browsing and games

thanks for the help

I think stock HT Link and CPUNB for the six and eight core FX CPUs is 2400 mhz but I could be wrong. If you lower the CPUNB it will have some negative impact on memory performance.

CPU-NB is stock at 2200, and HT is stock at 2600 which doesnt make sense. I suspect the 2600HT is more of a marketing ploy than anything as no one has really proven any benefit to HT higher than CPU-NB.

ht really gets you nothing.
cpu/nb gets you plenty of gain for only a tiny cost.
2400-2600 on the cpu/nb should cause no issues.

This person has a couple of the more popular motherboards. See him scratch his head.

AMD HyperTransport Speed ?

Even AMD dot com website had their head in booty and surely they do since I went and looked for myself.

How the bios engineer setup the bios for the HT Link speed can vary from bios version to bios version as I have seen it when flashing from one bios to the next.

I run CPU_NB and HT Freq in lock step and can. If you cannot it may not matter much anyway. HT at 2000 or 2600 matters next to nothing in real life. For sure at the speeds most people are able to run their processor.

Nb on these gains very little, it doesnt work like the phenemons which showed huge performance increases for nb increases. in fact with vishera it is quiet difficult to get nb stable at 2400 without lots of volts. just isnt worth it

just isnt worth it

I have learned something about posting in forums and that is that your stuff might not like 2400 CPU_NB but other people have no issues with it. So to say "your" stuff does not like high CPU_NB maybe true but it is not true for everyone.
RGone...

Nb on these gains very little, it doesnt work like the phenemons which showed huge performance increases for nb increases. in fact with vishera it is quiet difficult to get nb stable at 2400 without lots of volts. just isnt worth it
I have no issues running ht and jb at 2600 24/7 and have had it as high as 2700 benching. +1 to rgone

I have no issues running ht and nb at 2600 24/7 and have had it as high as 2700 benching. +1 to rgone

I have learned something about posting in forums and that is that your stuff might not like 2400 CPU_NB but other people have no issues with it. So to say "your" stuff does not like high CPU_NB maybe true but it is not true for everyone.
RGone...

I found my HT to be kinda picky. It's happiest around 2400 because it gets kinda squirrley if I go higher. The NB though is at 2590 and did give an improvement of about 20 pts in 3DMark vs 2360 :thup: I managed to get in on the free giveaway.:attn:

I am doing my best to throttle back my too inclusive statements about stuff since it is never that cut and dried for sure.

Many may not see any bonus from increasing CPU_NB because there ram is too slow. I think the BD and PD should both never be spec'd with less than DDR1866 ram. C_D moved away from his DDR1600 to some Gskil 2133 and his FX-8120 moved from showing off at 4.3Ghz to now 4.4Ghz. There is preformance left on the table if one does not use at least DDR1866. Good ram will give some headroom in that speed range an I generally have my ram at DDR1900 and CPU_NB and HT Frequency at real cloee to 2550 and quite often the speed winds-up using has them both at 2605Mhz for each.
RGone...

Back