• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HUGE temperature on AMD Phenom II x4 960T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since this only happens at above stock frequencies you might have a problem getting an RMA. Normally, vendors and manufacturers won't acknowledge problems that occur only when overclocking, even when they make something to be overclocked.

Last edited:
Get it ramped up, hell that chip is made for overclocking, just go off the socket temp and you will fine

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization = Get okay to send back for replacement of bad unit.

RMA - Return Materials Authorization

RGone you beat me to it....:p:p:p
Thanks guys for clarification :D

Since this only happens at above stock frequencies you might have a problem getting an RMA. Normally, vendors and manufacturers won't acknowledge problems that occur only when overclocking, even when they make something to be overclocked.
That's exactly what I was going to say...

Get it ramped up, hell that chip is made for overclocking, just go off the socket temp and you will fine
Hehe, ok sir :salute:

For the moment I will leave it at:

220 * 14 = 3ghz
cpu vcore: 1.2V
cpu-nb: 1.15V

And after 2 weeks after I finish my exams and the thermal compound will be at it's max capacity I will try to OC it again and find something stable.

this is common to msi boards, i returned two in two days showing core temps over 200c at idle.
changed to another brand and all is happy. here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• fx over heat.jpg
    fx over heat.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
this is common to msi boards, i returned two in two days showing core temps over 200c at idle.
changed to another brand and all is happy. here is a screenshot.

And is why, I no longer recommend them at all. Nor Biostar. I travel the net greatly looking for answers and those two companies are nowdays just n0t seeming to get it done by my own personal look-sees. OMMV.

And is why, I no longer recommend them at all. Nor Biostar. I travel the net greatly looking for answers and those two companies are nowdays just n0t seeming to get it done by my own personal look-sees. OMMV.

Biostar want to be taken seriously as an enthusiast's contender, MSI were (once upon a time) the stable diet of enthusiast's and now find themselves in the same predicament as Biostar.

What do we have now, Asus and Gigabyte with ASRock snapping at there heels?

I have had to give up on gigabyte my first two boards and cpu's roasted because of gigabyte vrms.
my 995 rides in a biostar ta790gxa3+ and i really like the machine, it's sad to hear biostar has not kept up.

I have had to give up on gigabyte my first two boards and cpu's roasted because of gigabyte vrms.
my 995 rides in a biostar ta790gxa3+ and i really like the machine, it's sad to hear biostar has not kept up.

Yeah i have also seen some Gigabyte users complain about hot VRMs, and dodgy USBs

please help

man... how i change vcore at this motherboard because i dont have this option in bios...i have exactly same motherbord as you.only voltage i have is set ffd-cpu voltage.wich more than 1.35v cant be set and it`s at max.my cpu v-core is 1.29v :(( @ 3,92ghz. my cpu sempron 145

man... how i change vcore at this motherboard because i dont have this option in bios...i have exactly same motherbord as you.only voltage i have is set ffd-cpu voltage.wich more than 1.35v cant be set and it`s at max.my cpu v-core is 1.29v :(( @ 3,92ghz. my cpu sempron 145

YOU need to make it clear who you are referring to when you say exact same motherboard and don't 'say' what motherboard you actually have trouble with. That is if you need help. OR start your own thread instead of us having to go all the way to the rear of a thread we had all forgotten about. Just a better way to do things in 'help' forums.

Back