• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBot Prime Benchmark ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I posted this here so that I would get as many ideas as possible. I was thinking of putting it in the benching lounge.

Okay.... I don't know how HWBot prime is suppose to work but I would think that the Faster and more Cores would win.... CORRECT ????

NOT SO FAST on that thought.

I have a sub from a FX-8370 - 8c\8t @ 6120.00 for a total of 7327.61 pps

The best that a R7-1800x - 8c\16t @ 5187.00 could do was 6886.37 pps

I know that I'm about 1GHz faster but the 1800x is using 8c\16t. It should be faster than my FX and it also has a 40% improvement in IPC's.

Thank You For Your Time :)

Are you using the exact same windows install with the exact same version of Java?

You could also check task manager while running the program to make sure it is actually running on all threads.

Are you using the exact same windows install with the exact same version of Java?

You could also check task manager while running the program to make sure it is actually running on all threads.

The FX-8370 was benched by myself using Dice.
The R7-1800x is listed on HWBot.org. That was the highest score from a R7-1800x using LN2.

Oh, sorry I thought you were trying to compare chips you had.

Traditionally you are right though more cores does better in HWBot prime. With that being said the increase is not found for twice the cores, this is even more petulant when we are talking about threads created via hyperthreading and not true cores. The score could be due to the program not leveraging the AMD hyperthreading correctly or even JAVA not playing well with the new architecture of the AMD chips. This is all conjecture on my part by the way so please take it with a grain of salt.

Hwbot prime is not using all CPU instructions, it's like basic calculations and it's quite old benchmark so don't expect it to scale good on new processors. I also had weird results on some processors. I have no idea what about Ryzen but my results were also lower than expected. There are many other and better benchmarks so maybe just focus on something else.

HWBot Prime is a waste of time. All points have been suspended due to cheating

Back