• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Hyper 212 Evo Dual Fan Benifitial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 2 fans installed on mine and yes, it did make a difference.

I noticed about a 3-4'c drop in temps when running at full speed. However for me the real benefit was the noise reduction without sacrificing cooling.

I used the stock fan and a scythe slip stream. So different fan combinations will yeild different results, tbh I would go with whatever matches your needs.

For example would you like something quiet or something that has more air flow etc.

Do the fans blow in a push/pull configuration or do they both blow in opposite directions?

Bustos Push/pull works better then push/push or pull/pull, I tried each on my 212+

The Hyper 212 only comes with one fan so default is usually push. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question.

After adding the second fan to the cooler...
Do the fans blow in a push/pull configuration or do they both blow in opposite directions?
...as default?

Sorry, I thought the 2nd fan was implied, considering the topic of the thread. I guess it's really moot anyways considering you can change fan directions. I'll have to learn how, to make sure they push/pull in the direction I want to control the airflow.

You Change the direction of the fan by changing the mounting bracket to the other side, But I noticed no difference when I ran a 2 fan push pull on my 212 EVO. I'd just add another fan to the case for more airflow.

Quick question:
I can't find OEM 212 EVO fans in Europe. I did find a V6GT fan on the CoolerMaster website. With that in mind, would 2 V6GT fans fit on a 212 EVO heatsink? Because they are around 500-600 RPM faster, same size, same design - therefore it should fit, right?

Back