• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 for 9900k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Got lucky and scored a 9900k from newegg and it will be here any day now. Will the hyper 212 be ok to use for the 9900k until I order the kraken x62? Don't plan on overclocking or anything, just going to use it for my new gaming rig.

It will be fine at stock, of course. :)

I figured it would be, just figured I'd ask you pros to be sure, because reddit damn sure don't know what they are talking about. I was getting NOs over there.

The CM 212's are rated for 150W by Cooler Master so it will be fine for normal CPU computing. If you plan on taxing the system full out like video encoding or other stressful application you would likely see some thermal throttling. Throttling is annoying but it doesn't harm the CPU and since you're looking to upgrade the cooling in the near future anyhow, you will be fine.

I figured it would be, just figured I'd ask you pros to be sure, because reddit damn sure don't know what they are talking about. I was getting NOs over there.
LOL, reddit. A Superstore doesn't have nearly the expertise as a mom and pop shop which specializes in what you are looking for. :)

So how did your 9900k/CM212 work out? It's been 11 days since the OP.

The 212 is a four-heatpipe design, but at least the bottom should be flat. If the four-heatpipe design is insufficient you may have to save up for an NH-D15 six heatpipes).

So how did your 9900k/CM212 work out? It's been 11 days since the OP.

The 212 is a four-heatpipe design, but at least the bottom should be flat. If the four-heatpipe design is insufficient you may have to save up for an NH-D15 six heatpipes).

When my 9900k came in, I ended up running to est buy and picked up a corsair h100i PRO RGB. Never used the 212

I can vouch for the CM 212 EVO even if I CAN'T HEAR :) I tossed it on my i7-5960x with 2 x 150+ CFM Delta fans. I was able to OC it to 4.7GHz all Cores :thup: I used this method to install Win 7 & 10 :)

I have also Install these (WARNING THEY ARE NOT QUITE) http://elcodis.com/parts/450695/AFB1212SHE.html x 4 on an older (~4yrs) Corsair H100i

Here's Pictures of it in action :)

CPU Water Cooling #1.jpg

3DMark 03.jpg

3DMark SkyDiver.jpg

Last edited:
Back