• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am NOT the emergency services! Android app needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I've got a OnePlus 5T running LineageOS. It's a dual SIM phone where I have a personal, and a work SIM card. The problem is, that on both SIMs, people regularly mistake me for the emergency services. Some people just call, and call, and call repeatedly, every few minutes, or even every few seconds. If I don't answer the phone, there's a reason for it - I'm with a customer, on another call, eating lunch etc. There's just no need to call so much unless there's an emergency, and I'm not the person to be dealing with that! I've had over 30 missed calls from the same person in less than an hour...

So basically, what I want is an app that will block calls after a predefined number of calls within a certain space of time. For example, if the same person tries to call 3 or more times within the space of 10 or 15 minutes, I want all subsequent calls from that number to be temporarily blocked.

I've seen plenty of call blocking apps but I haven't seen one advertised with the feature underlined above. If people really need to get hold of me, they should call twice over the space of about 10 minutes, and maybe send a txt after that. But there is no need at all for such blatant harassment!

Or... and hear me out... you could tell that person that all of the incessant calls is pissing you off and that they should just call once and leave a message.

Otherwise, I don't have another answer to your question.

In all honesty, I would consider getting your number changed. If both of your numbers are that close to emergency services (or really any retail estabilishment/etc -- my grandparents were 1 digit off from a pizza place at one point, every night was a mess until they changed their number).

Have all calls go to vm with a message that basically says do not call more than x times or leave a simple txt, whatever. My sony z3 could actually take messages itself without having to dial back out. Turn ringer off and use the led light or a very quiet calm sound or whatnot. You thought the phone was smart? My stepdad wanted me to show him how to use a smartphone and I basically balked. He doesn't even know how to use a pc. A 'smart'phone? Please no.

Tasker could do this I'm sure. There are a few aps that use triggers but when I looked at tasker it looked to be more trouble than I wanted to pay into. $3 and apparently is changing hands?
https://tasker.joaoapps.com/

There's also Easer and LibreTasks on f-droid, easer being much newer.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm not understanding. Are the dialing the correct number but just too persistant or are they dialing a wrong number and just won't quit?

Back