• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I didn't know you were supposed to clean NEW parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think its just the rad that needs a bit of a wash when you get it.

A new pump and new tubes should be fairly clean.

voigts said:
I have often advocated and will continue to recommend getting a waterbed fill kit and just hooking the loop up to the kitchen sink and force flushing out the loop. I then just drain and fill/drain with distilled, and then do a final fill. This works wonderfully and truly flushes everything out.

so flushing with tap water is okay?

Mycobacteria said:
I think its just the rad that needs a bit of a wash when you get it.

A new pump and new tubes should be fairly clean.
You should have seen the piece of Styrofoam caught in the intake of one of my pumps. :eek:

I always rinse - I've barely started in WC and already I've seen too many things that can get stuck in a Storm or in the grooves of an Apogee. :-/ Even if it LOOKS clean don't you believe it ...!

Kilyin said:
so flushing with tap water is okay?

flushing with tap water is fine as long as you go back and flush and drain with distilled. I use the faucet via waterbed fill kit trick and then flush once with distilled before adding my final solution.

Never had problems with the styraphome stuff...

Flusing it with distilled water to get rid of risidual tap water isnt such a bad idea.

Back