• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i got all the stuff, but how do i attatch to CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oOh_Its_Grinch

Registered
hey. im new to overclocking but after getting my celeron 2.4 to 3.6, my new goal is to try 4ghz. im using an AX-478 with 80mm.

anyway. my dad owns a refridgeration company.. so i found a brand new tecumseh unit laying in the basement. if i put it on its side, its about as big as my computer box (mid tower)..
well, i have all the equipment.. but i was wondering how i attatch it all to my processor?? ~ can i just get a decent waterblock and use that to run the gas thru?

ive looked all over the internet for some 'how to's, but couldnt find any.. if you guys could help that'd be great. pictures would be cool too.. thanks.

Well- your talking about the evaporator there.

Yes, you can use/modify a waterblock to use as an evaporator- but a custom one designed with refrigeration in mind will work better.

you can check out the phase change gallery here and phase-change.com for some tutorials. I would higly reccomend having your dad (if hes knowlegable) one of your dads minions (er I mean empoyees :p ) help you out with the project. I did a scratch phase change project with a friend and it took quite a bit of work and reaserch- even with an HVAC guy helping us out.

You need to have the evap head made or you can buy a baker block here There are also a few different kinds of hoses you can use to attach it, just make sure it's made for gas and low temps. As nealric said, phase-change.com or even xtremesystems.org have guys in the vapor forums that are some of the best in the biz at it. I've gone vapor and never going back to anything less!Good Luck!!

You can use a water block if it can handle high pressure. Don't plan on using a poly toped water block, the best they can do is 60psi, I think. A barker evap will work best. Plus it's easier to insulate because it doesn't have a wide base.

the old maze 2 with a copper toped brazed on would work nice :)

if you can find one lol

btw 2.4 celly at 3.6 wow

Chad

skinart said:
the old maze 2 with a copper toped brazed on would work nice :)

if you can find one lol

btw 2.4 celly at 3.6 wow

Chad

yeah on air too! with a crappy 80mm fan.
btw, idle temps are about 32c, and load tops out at 45c.

Back