• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question/questions about PC Monitor and Video Game Console.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

I have a question/questions about PC monitor and video game console.

Do using PC monitors working fine with Video gaming console?

I ask this because I have tried using Nintendo Switch with Asus PG27UQ and whenever/whichever game I try to play, it the screen blinks (monitor screen goes black for few seconds and properly showing)?/which ever is being called.

Last edited:
I've used them in the past and it is fine. Are you forcing adaptive refresh or a higher refresh rate than 60?

I've used them in the past and it is fine. Are you forcing adaptive refresh or a higher refresh rate than 60?
What do you mean by that?
Or if I tell my monitor refresh rate I use for Windows 7 PC is like 82Hz.
Also, in my monitor setting, "Over Clocking", I did turn "On" for "Max Refresh Rate 144Hz".
But I'm not sure about which refresh rate uses when it connects to Nintendo Switch.

Go into the settings on the monitor and try turning off all of the extra features like gsync and set refresh rate to 60

Oh, ok.
I will do that when I don't use the PC, cause I don't think I can turn off all that when I use my PC.
Cause the problem only happens when I play Nintendo Switch, nothing else.
I just checked the settings, but I don't see anything that related to "g-sync"?
Do I have to do that while I turned off the PC?

Back