• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got my first dual monitor set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

namrog84

Registered
Ive had a Samsung Syncmaster 204B for about a year now.

since i am upgrading the rest of my computer. I thought id give a dual monitor setup a go, as I am a nerd and i think i should have it.

I chose the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW
they line up very nicely(not perfect) but its exactly what i expected and wanted

All i can say after getting things set up. This is freakin awesome.

I am happy with new computer upgrades, but its just "faster" having 2 monitors is just unbelieve. I feel 100x more productive and i have soo much to look at. no longer tunnel vision of staring at a single element anymore. I can actaully turn my head and still continue to see the unlimted amount of desktop quality real estate I have

Now I gotta think of things i can do with it. other then organize a bunch of windows, or play games and still look at stuff easily!
any suggestions?
i cant wait to try out Supreme commander ( when new computer parts arrive) because it has dual monitor support ingame.

Any other games have dual monitor support?

dual screen supreme command is made out of win. that game is soooo good if you got two monitors. My suggestion would be to get the same model monitor, because having one monitor significantly better or worse than the other is really hard to look at.

I like having different models,

sure things dont all line up. but i dont have anything half way through it.
I have 2 different ones because i have a need for both widescreen and not widescreen

so far i have had 0 complaints/problems about the syncmaster 226bw or about dual monitors, or about using 2 different size/aspect ratios/resolution monitors

Back