• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just won a bid for x5670!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trents: thank you, Sir.
WhitehawkEq: That's a lot of paste, mama mia!
Freeagent: thank you, ill give her a wiggle and other combinations on her plugs. She's been lower than normal all her life though:shrug:

-------TacoMerge™-----

Look what I can do now! Remember how I couldn't even get past 196bclk? Well, now with xeon, I can punch in 220 and she posts! It shows 219, but its probably because it 219.99bclk. I didn't try overclocking or going into windows and all voltages were at lowest/stock.
She doesn't post at 225 or 230, just reboots with black screen.

Cnt wait for paste!!
View attachment 202772

Last edited:
Ok, so I was able to get into windows at 4.4ghz. Unfortunately she clocks back when I run conebench. 22x seems like the furthest she drops back, so I ran 22x multi to 4.2ghz and scored 945 in cinebench. I'll stop for now. Back to stock. Still waiting for my TIM.

View attachment 202773

if we had known this would bring you so much joy i think we would have gifted you a xeon!

Taco I have a recommendation, instead of taking pictures with your cell phone use the snipping tool built into windows 10.

To open Snipping Tool, select the Start button, type snipping tool, and then select it in the search results.
To choose the type of snip you want, select Mode, and then choose Free-form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-screen Snip.

But I'm not connecting my desktop to internet. If I do the snipper ill have to copy the photo to phone and then upload, which is not healthy for USB plug on my.phone because I have no Wi-Fi or bt on my x58. I try to take clear photos:) minimal distortion or boyfriends

-------TacoMerge™------

Okay, so apparently on this xeon, Turbo works 'correctly'. Let me explain.
My old 920 had 20x multi, 21x all core turbo and 22x one core turbo. You could select 21x in bios and she would constantly stay there no matter the load or wattage.

Here, I can select all cores up to 24x, and she will hold that until temps, or watts, or amps, or whatever are excessive, then she begins to drop down to 23x multi, and later 22x multi on all cores. For example:
I can run cinebench at 4ghz(167x24), but when I fire up prime or other stress tester, she drops to 3.8(167x23), and then down to 3.67thx(167x22).
I can overcome that of course by bumping up bclk, which I have available now up until like 220 and that 22x multi won't stop anywhere lower, but I kinda liked having 24x multi. O well, cnt hve a cake nd eat it too.:cheers:

----TacoMerge™ 2.0---

Btw, is it unhealthy to overcome that limit by dropping multi and compensating with bclk? Perhaps CPU is telling me something? "bruh, enough, I'm sweating!" after all, I don't want to break my new $17 toy:eh?:

Btw, I think I can do 1.25 at 4ghz, but 4.1+ may need like 1.3vcore, otherwise cinebench stops

Last edited:
Looks like you're having a good time Mr. Taco. Just keep an eye on that Aquafresh Tim™. It's water based and therefore dries up in just a few days.

Yes sir Blaylock, thank you! Arctic mx4 is coming in today, usps says its out for delivery. I guess they never updated the tracking.

-----TacoMerge®------

Dear OCFmen™,

Let's begin!!

View attachment 202789

Stock settings toothpaste temps prime85 small fft

View attachment 202790

-----TacoMerge® 2.0------

Upon removing heatsink, a fresh smell of squares filled the case and immediate area around me. The smell was nothing else, but a smell of success from using toothpaste! Nothing like it. Cleaning went well, it wasn't runny anymore, but rather like oatmeal cookie in a way. Cleaned off beautifully, back to that shiny scratched original look.

A dab oif mx4, and off we go! Temps don't seem a lot lower, but as expected. Toothpaste had great spread and was quite recent.

View attachment 202791

View attachment 202792

View attachment 202793

Last edited:
Both. Look how much extra has been pressed out of the sides in the 28th post.

That's a big blob!

28th was original and I'm.sure they used much more than I did. If you look at my toothpaste tim print, it was merely perfect. I used about the same amount of mx4. I mean it might be a little over, but its not too bad, ...right?:eh?:

Just be careful if you take the CPU out, and don't get it in the socket. The only way it won't squish out on all four sides is if your cooler doesn't tighten down, in which case it will run out the bottom of the gap. But it's not toothpaste, so call it a win. :D

edit: keyboard took a coffee break for some reason

So, m'kay.:rolleyes: listening some tunes on a 6 core powerhouse. Seems adequate for the task.
Running her at 152bclk x ...whatever turbo decides. 0.936vcore. Never posted my idle temps, so here they are, first number is GPU:
(Room temp=23c)

View attachment 202803

I...will keep... the hope... alive
I will....la la la
Man, some good headphones these mdr7506's!

Back