• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I killed Kubuntu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

After spending a week with it, having it lock up constantly, having it be a pain in the *** to get anything installed, I killed Kubuntu. Then I installed SUSE 10.0 and an hour or so later I'm still happy and not hopelessly frustrated and confused (like I was with Kubuntu) :D

Im surprised that you had kubuntu lock up frequently as prior to using kubuntu I was a SuSE user for a few years and personally find kubuntu to be equally as stable as SuSE but with better performance, out of curiousity are you using retail SuSE or OpenSuSE 10 ?

openSUSE10. It has been far easier to use so far. I think Kubuntu became unstable when I went from the i386 Kernel to the K7 kernel :(

it shouldn't of. Frankly I find that Ubuntu is easier to use over suse, and had constant issues with suse, with ubuntu I don't get as many, but whatever.

Well upon further review it appears as if it was my OC killing Kubuntu because SUSE started locking up too. I backed off the FSB and it hasn't crashed since. It NEVER crashed in windows at my full OC speeds. I thought Linux was more stable than XP?

FudgeNuggets said:
Well upon further review it appears as if it was my OC killing Kubuntu because SUSE started locking up too. I backed off the FSB and it hasn't crashed since. It NEVER crashed in windows at my full OC speeds. I thought Linux was more stable than XP?
It is, but it expects your hardware to be stable.

Gnufsh said:
It is, but it expects your hardware to be stable.

Well stable isn't a black and white statement. I never had problems in Windows so I considered it stable. No bluescreens, no reboots, no lockups. I just had to reinstall Windows because I either got an undetected virus or the 2-year mystery hose-up Windows was known for and decided to try something else.

Back