• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I killed my video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I just killed my AMD Radeon HD 6950 2gb? My card were running great at stock speed. Today, I was just messing with it a little by doing this. I right click on the computer screen and click on AMD Vision Control Center> I click the performance icon and configure the clock speed from 800mhz to 840mhz and others stuff from 1250 mhz to 1325mhz. I click apply and everything seem fine. 15 minute later, the computer screen, monitor lost signal. saying No VGA Cable. Now I can't see anything. How can I reset the card to orig IMG_2304.JPG inal. Here is the screen picture.

1) I did try to reboot 3 times and got the same No VGA cable.
2) Yes it does have the switch. 1 or 2 . The card is at 2.

is there any dust in the card? unplug the power plug that goes to the computer and press the power button. wait at least 10 seconds and then turn it back on and see if that helps.

sometimes i have to do this for my 7950.

There is 1 or 2 switch. The card is at 2.

I tried 1 an still no good. WTF. I don't have another video card to try out. I also removed the card from the mbo and reinstall it, still no good. This is a new built with i7 3930K running great. No problem what so ever. After I mess with the video card. Now the screen say no vga cable. I have try a brand new dvi cable and still no luck.

Last edited:
You might need to boot into safe mode because if you set riva(or what ever u used) to change clock on boot it might be a big endless loop .
So flip the bios switch then goto safe mode

Problem solved :). I 've a picture above > no vga cable. All this come down to a bad monitor. I got a spare monitor to hook up and it all good. I've never had a bad monitor gonna bad on me before. This is the 1st time. The monitor is a 5 yrs old 21.5 HD monitor gonna bad.

Good for you. That is some very bad timing for the monitor to die. I'd be pretty scared, too.

That is why I never skimp on the monitor I buy. I only have a 22" Samsung 2253 BW 1680x1050 but it's the top-of-the-line model. I paid $249.99 + tax for it 4 years ago and it still displays perfectly. They had a $99.99 22" LG but I said no f*ckin' way.:drool:

unplug the power plug that goes to the computer and press the power button. wait at least 10 seconds and then turn it back on and see if that helps.

I sometimes have to do this for a PC PSU after trying to turn the PC on after there was a power outage, because it won't turn on when the power was restored.

Back