• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know I just got my CM690, but this case is calling me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d4m0n

My last case (before the $70 CoolerMaster) was an ABS Stealth with a CoolerMaster windowed side panel in place of the original panel that had a duct. I needed a case for the new system in a pinch, so I picked up the CM690 @ Fry’s since it offers cooling similar to the Antec 900 – without the looks of the Antec 900. :p But lately, the case below has been calling out to me.

SILVERSTONE TJ09-BW ($239.99 @ newegg after rebates)

02.jpg

Does anyone have experience with the TJ09? It looks so sweet I want to crap my pants, but how’s the cooling? With four 120mm fans, I’m assuming it should have better cooling than my ABS (which had only one 120mm and two 80mm fans).

Last edited:
Personally, I like the CM690...

$240 dollars is rediculous in my opinion for a case. I spent $130 each on my two Lian Lis and they are nice, but there are cases for half the price that get the job done just as well.

I've just had really good experiences with similar cases. I suspect that this case is actually produced by ABS - just like my current ABS Stealth and the CoolerMaster-branded ABS that I had before that (see sig). They are so solid that I (@ 200 lbs) would feel confident using it as a step stool. Their cases just ooze quality.

In fact, the only problem w/my current case is that I'm not sure the airflow will be sufficient and I'd rather not start hacking holes in it, as I'm not very good at it. :rolleyes:

Back