• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a new pixel poppin pixel shaker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spacetwinke

Registered
Wow its been along time since Ive been here and the quality of the site has grown! Just lookin for some honest opinions on the latest lines of video cards I have no loyalty to the manufactures.

Though I used to and the voodoo 5500 let me down, but I do find it funny that the nvidia fans bashed it because of its girth and now they defend the size of the 5900fx.

Im spending a grand to update. I currently have a

Asus A7v
Radeon 8500 128mb
sound blaster audigy
384 sdram pc150
1300 t-bird
pioneer 16x dvd
kenwood 72x
plextor 24x rw
3com nic
klipsch 4.1 speakers
sony 19inch monitor
hollywood decoder
60gig/40gig hard drives

Upgrading to:

asus a7v8x deluxe
768mb 3200ddr
athlon xp 2600+
Video card 9800pro or 5900fx ultra

Im still stuck on the video card. They seem to run pretty close together, from what ive read the 5900 ultra is a little faster but
the 9800 pro has better image quality?

I would wait until ATI releases their new card if you want the best of the best......which it looks like you do.

Nvidia is making some improvements with the 5900Ultra, but they need to get a grip on pricing. They are not going to win very many converts with their top card and competitor to the 9800Pro costing over $100 more.

I'd go with ATI

Back