• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROS I need your help with a first time new build (GOOD gaming/medium vid edit)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Puckr, you'd be fine with the 7970.

Zenos, the 680 is more powerful than the 7970 by a tiny amount. However, it's not worth it since the price is significantly higher.

Puckr, you'd be fine with the 7970.

Zenos, the 680 is more powerful than the 7970 by a tiny amount. However, it's not worth it since the price is significantly higher.

That's not true... It depends completely on which game you are playing, which drivers you are using. Metro 2033 when it first came out 680s would get 28fps where 7970s would get 40.

Like I said in my previous post, there are biased games that contradict any trend. The general trend shows that the 680 is slightly better.

Like I said in my previous post, there are biased games that contradict any trend. The general trend shows that the 680 is slightly better.

Playing on which resolutions with what settings? I can guarantee that if you put triple monitor the standard 7970 is going to blow away the 680. The extra 1gb of vram will give it much advantage.

Assuming 1080P. Agreed that the 7970 will win on triple monitor, AMD has generally always performed better on triple monitor.

680 is $350
7970 is $304

No idea where you got those prices, that's just plain wrong. Around $440 for a 680, $360 for a 7970.

I'm playing on 1 monitor
I'm going to be recording my games (youtuber) Must need in 720p
looking forward to these games and on high settings! Fallout yes the new one too, BTF3, probably borderlands 2, SimCity all the way! And Skyrim hopefully on some very high settigns

Assuming 1080P. Agreed that the 7970 will win on triple monitor, AMD has generally always performed better on triple monitor.

No idea where you got those prices, that's just plain wrong. Around $440 for a 680, $360 for a 7970.

What website did you find the 7970 on? just wondering?

I'm playing on 1 monitor
I'm going to be recording my games (youtuber) Must need in 720p
looking forward to these games and on high settings! Fallout yes the new one too, BTF3, probably borderlands 2, SimCity all the way! And Skyrim hopefully on some very high settigns

Okay let's clear this up, I already posted this. You need cpu for recording games, the gpu doesn't do much affect in recording, cpu is hit hard. Look for my previous post.

All my prices are from Newegg, cheapest model available.

Recording takes CPU power, and hits your HDD hard. Not much to do with the GPU.

I understood the recording stuff and how thats on the CPU

not to **** people off but i'm not finding the 7970 :c (i'm sure your both fed up with me )

Back