• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROS I need your help with a first time new build (GOOD gaming/medium vid edit)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally I play Borderlands 2 a bunch with friends and man I gotta tell ya, PhysX are freaking great with that game. I'm not saying to take the 670 over the 7970, but I personally would.

Have you done testing with and without PhysX enabled? I'd like to see the results.

Wait i usally just can insatll leds in the case to make it turn me on right? so i'll get some good performance and then alter just add some Leds around the window right?

Also can you show me some good performance fans for this case possible?

You can get LED strips which you can put anywhere you like, like I said fan choice is personal to you, scroll up a little pal.

:rain:You can have LEDs or performance, usually not both. Keep that in mind.
Let me explain you fans and the different things that affect them.
Fans have a rpm, rotations per minute, dba - noise level, static pressure - ability to push air through a restriction, Cfm - the amount of air the fan can push. Those are the key elements to choosing fans.
To choose a fan you need to first set a noise level of which you want, 40db is loud. If anybody knows the link to the dba chart put it on here, thanks. Static pressure is more for pulling air through restrictions such as a radiator or a let's say cotton fan filter. The higher the static pressure the more air you are going to get pulling through such restrictions. Cfm is the amount of air the fan pushes, the higher the better.

Well put another thing i learned here today! These forums are fricken awesome !!!

You don't need extra fans or LEDs in the case. The fans that come with the case provide enough airflow.

But if i have the extra cash available what would be a good fan to use?

Edit: heck i'll learn enough about everything and i'll become the next god of these forums looking for a No0b to help like myself!!haha

Have you done testing with and without PhysX enabled? I'd like to see the results.

With my 580 @ 810mHz ,reference cooler or I'd go higher, I get a good 60 fps at all times with low distance, Anti aliasing x8, anisotropic x8 physics on high. Now When I turn physx off I can load up to very high view distance, the physx in the game seem to eat up a lot of resources in the midst of a battle. This is as extensive as I have tested it, but yes physx does put a load on the card.

Edit: heck i'll learn enough about everything and i'll become the next god of these forums looking for a No0b to help like myself!!haha

I would recommend cougar vortex 120mm fan, good sp, high cfm, low noise. If you want just pure cfm look at Yate Loons, scythe has a fan, not sure of the name. There are a ton out there, go to newegg, performance pcs, frozencpu, look at your choices before you buy.

You should realize it's a friggen comptuer, not a toy. I bet you have a billion other things to spend your hard earned money on than fancy fans that you don't need. If you could give a GOOD reason that you need extra fans, then maybe.

With my 580 @ 810mHz ,reference cooler or I'd go higher, I get a good 60 fps at all times with low distance, Anti aliasing x8, anisotropic x8 physics on high. Now When I turn physx off I can load up to very high view distance, the physx in the game seem to eat up a lot of resources in the midst of a battle. This is as extensive as I have tested it, but yes physx does put a load on the card.

Based on what you just said, I'm not 100% sure you understand what PhysX does...it doesn't affect the actual physics in the game. It's supposed to use special NVIDIA code (to put it simply) to make it easier for NVIDIA GPUs to calculate the physics, thereby increasing your FPS. If it's not increasing performance...that's a problem.

You should realize it's a friggen comptuer, not a toy. I bet you have a billion other things to spend your hard earned money on than fancy fans that you don't need. If you could give a GOOD reason that you need extra fans, then maybe.

It's a kid at the candy shop. What do you expect?

The amount of new posters that act like kids at the candy shop is getting really annoying, in my opinion. The amount of wasted money on pointless thing also gets on my nerves. I'm here to bring everyone down to Earth and put some reason into their heads. Maybe then they'll realize that a lot of what they're spending on their computer isn't actually getting them any performance benefit. You buy what's useful, what gives you a performance boost according to your needs. Anything else is just irresponsible waste.

What about something like this in the back of my build something to add color and has 120mmfan? here

and then this on front?

You can't even see the front fans on the case you chose...there's a door...

Well put man! This is like my first time and after seeing computer that has like lights everywhere i'm hooked i'm also like a fat kid that likes cake but after his 5 piece i want more! haha :salute:

The amount of new posters that act like kids at the candy shop is getting really annoying, in my opinion. The amount of wasted money on pointless thing also gets on my nerves. I'm here to bring everyone down to Earth and put some reason into their heads. Maybe then they'll realize that a lot of what they're spending on their computer isn't actually getting them any performance benefit. You buy what's useful, what gives you a performance boost according to your needs. Anything else is just irresponsible waste.

You can't even see the front fans on the case you chose...there's a door...

Okay man i'll begin with saying you know your stuff you done your research and you bought and experienced your computer you probably built like 5 computers, i don't know. Anyways I want to say thank you for helping me out and not just you but EVERYBODY also i'm sure you get people like I because we are new to this and heck if i throw 20 bucks to newegg for fans i'm sure they are saying THANK YOU! But again to the part of it is that this is my first time on any of this and i just think its very awesome to see something i'm not use to seeing all the time! You on the other hand see it probably all the time. Anyways that's where i'm coming from and heck couple bucks wont hurt anything i'll buy you a fan as well :eh?:

Edit; as for as the door i'll keep it open (;

I'd rather you donate that $20 to charity than throw it at fancy LED fans that you're never going to think about again a week after you got them. Hell, I'm younger than you are, I shouldn't be telling you this. If you can't control your spending now, you're ***ed when you get older.

Edit; as for as the door i'll keep it open (;

Really? Are you even kidding me right now? :facepalm:. Why even get that case if you're going to leave the door open?

Well put man! This is like my first time and after seeing computer that has like lights everywhere i'm hooked i'm also like a fat kid that likes cake but after his 5 piece i want more! haha :salute:

Slow down, if you rush it you WILL **** something up.
Also go with the coolermaster sickleflow if you insist on having some ugly blue LEDs that you will get sick of after a couple of weeks if not days. Pretty low noise and decent cfm. That's what you need.

Slow down, if you rush it you WILL **** something up.
Also go with the coolermaster sickleflow if you insist on having some ugly blue LEDs that you will get sick of after a couple of weeks if not days. Pretty low noise and decent cfm. That's what you need.

Why doesn't he get LED strips if he wants lights...getting a fan when all he wants is lights doesn't make sense to me.

I'd rather you donate that $20 to charity than throw it at fancy LED fans that you're never going to think about again a week after you got them. Hell, I'm younger than you are, I shouldn't be telling you this. If you can't control your spending now, you're ***ed when you get older.

Really? Are you even kidding me right now? :facepalm:. Why even get that case if you're going to leave the door open?

+1
And puckr, if your serious about buying me or him a fan, I want a 38mm delta with 200cfm, thanks bud.
On the note of keeping your side panel open, don't do that, you will get no airflow over any of your motherboard or ram heat sinks.

+1
And puckr, if your serious about buying me or him a fan, I want a 38mm delta with 200cfm, thanks bud.
On the note of keeping your side panel open, don't do that, you will get no airflow over any of your motherboard or ram heat sinks.

Not that door, the case has a door on the front that covers the drive bays and such.

Closed:
define_r4-15.jpg

Open:
define_r4-16.jpg

Why doesn't he get LED strips if he wants lights...getting a fan when all he wants is lights doesn't make sense to me.

I've already told him this knufire, he's being stubborn and soon I'm just going to leave this thread in all honesty.

Not that door, the case has a door on the front that covers the drive bays and such.

Closed:
define_r4-15.jpg

Open:
define_r4-16.jpg

Sorry, I misunderstood. He'll realize the minute he takes that door off how bad his case looks without it, I wouldn't worry too much. Honestly, let him make mistakes if he doesn't want to listen to us. We have done our research, we know what it comes to. If he doesn't take our advice let's just leave until he will.

Back