• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a powerful fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes. I think that they are more useful in sound reduction as a bigger fan with similar cfm to a smaller fan will be much quiter.

Get an 80>120mm convertor :eek:

That would be sweeet

Do you have to screw in a fan on the ax7? If so then yes.

The slk has these weird clips that snap around the fan so you dont need screws. They wont be tall enough to go all the way up that adapter and around the fan lol.

[sarcasm] i just finished putting on my 120 x 38 delta rated at 180cfm on my 80mm to 120mm coverter on my AX-7. i push the power butten, i think a jet just buzzed my house, oh its the fan CRACK THUD (BKSOD), is the the socket sapposed to come of the mobo with the CPU and HSF still attached? [end sarcasm] hehe

BoB NaPaLm said:
Lol I thought one of the main purposes of watercooling was to reduce noise...

I have 2 80's in back, 3 80's in front, one 80 on top, 2 80's psu, a tiny one on the chipset, cooljag *well had a cooljag on video*, 2 92's on the bottom, and 2 120's underneath the case.

13 fans not counting the chipset. And my system is BY FAR quietter than my family's computer that has only four fans.

With so many fans, I can undervolt them and most are quiet case fans so there really isn't much noise to speak of. With the watercooling removing the loudest fan in a computer.

Back