• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help about buying a laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Verstrata

Hello! I recently have gotten into League of Legends, Photoshop, and Sony Vegas. My brother is a preacher now and we've been posting them on YouTube and this peanut of a pc isn't holding up anymore. I have a laptop for iTunes, Microsoft Office, and that sorta thing. So I'm looking for something strictly for those 3 things. I like to buy from BestBuy because I can set up monthly payments. All responses are appreciated! Note: MUST BE A LAPTOP

not really worried too much, but I'd like to keep under $1000, if there are like, payments

Okay. Last question. From what I've seen, they just die out over about 5 years. Anyway to prevent that?

All three of the programs listed will benefit from an onboard GPU.

I would also buy this over the other one listed (Sorry dlaw)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15...gray/8963091.p?id=1219698445364&skuId=8963091

1) Has a quad core instead of dual core (both with hyper threading).

2) discrete GPU is better (gtx 950m, compatible with both sony vegas and photoshop), smoother frame rates on LoL.

3) less ram, BUT thats easily added, and still less than the total cost of the other one.

4) its cheaper too

+1 on that ASUS recommendation by bob4933. Friend of mine purchased one of those a few months ago and loves it.

All three of the programs listed will benefit from an onboard GPU.

I would also buy this over the other one listed (Sorry dlaw)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15...gray/8963091.p?id=1219698445364&skuId=8963091

1) Has a quad core instead of dual core (both with hyper threading).

2) discrete GPU is better (gtx 950m, compatible with both sony vegas and photoshop), smoother frame rates on LoL.

3) less ram, BUT thats easily added, and still less than the total cost of the other one.

4) its cheaper too

Hey, no problem man. I don't know how I missed that one. Absolutely go with the ASUS, the only thing the HP had on it was screen size.

Back