• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lemonadesqq

Hello, I would like to build a new PC this month and can't decide on a motherboard. I would like to have in my build an ASUS motherboard because it has all i need and i really like the BIOS but recently I saw a discussion about maximus xi hero (the board I would like to have) and it's vrms. I'm a little bit disappointed because I love asus motherboards, my other option is msi meg z390 ace and I can't decide wether to trust asus or go safe with msi. I mention that i would like to overclock a i9 9900k to 5GHz maybe and i want to go as safe as possible. I really need some advice from those who are using the i9 with both boards.

Thank you, have a nice day!

Hello, I would like to build a new PC this month and can't decide on a motherboard. I would like to have in my build an ASUS motherboard because it has all i need and i really like the BIOS but recently I saw a discussion about maximus xi hero (the board I would like to have) and it's vrms. I'm a little bit disappointed because I love asus motherboards, my other option is msi meg z390 ace and I can't decide wether to trust asus or go safe with msi. I mention that i would like to overclock a i9 9900k to 5GHz maybe and i want to go as safe as possible. I really need some advice from those who are using the i9 with both boards.

Thank you, have a nice day!

the maximus xi is more for extreme overclocking, but im sure it would handle kicking that 9900k up to 5ghz if it can handle itself that high. Asrock and gigabyte have some good offerings as well, but i've never really had bad luck with any particular brand of motherboards. Most of it is looking at which has the features you want be it fancy rgb junk or extra vrm cooling or extra pcie slots, more usb ports ect.

Either board will be fine really.. The Hero isn't explicitly made for extreme overclocking, that is the Apex.

The MSI has the better power bits, but both will reach 5 ghz. Both are safe there.

Disappointing power section on the Hero this time around.

Make Asus pay for their insolence by buying a different manufacturers board :thup:

Either board will be fine really.. The Hero isn't explicitly made for extreme overclocking, that is the Apex.

The MSI has the better power bits, but both will reach 5 ghz. Both are safe there.

Thanks man I'm really out of the loop lol. GO ME!

Back