• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I goofed..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonB

So I'm doing a budget build for a family member.. Using a Asus M4A77TD mobo.

Like a dumbass ... I was putting the board in the case and bumped the northbridge heatsink (I assume.. I'm not an AMD guy..) And of course it moved.. it is held on by spring loaded clips.. Did I get lucky and it have some kind of thermal paste under there.. or did I mess up a pad? I'd rather not take it off if I don't have to.. :(

It's the heatsink in the middle.

Attachments

• 1014451107.jpg
    1014451107.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 163
So I'm doing a budget build for a family member.. Using a Asus M4A77TD mobo.

Like a dumbass ... I was putting the board in the case and bumped the northbridge heatsink (I assume.. I'm not an AMD guy..) And of course it moved.. it is held on by spring loaded clips.. Did I get lucky and it have some kind of thermal paste under there.. or did I mess up a pad? I'd rather not take it off if I don't have to.. :(

It's the heatsink in the middle.

might be a pad, but might be paste. there is no harm really. I take it you don't have any paste?

I was worried about a pad tearing or moving. I thought they had some kind of adhesive? If it lost it's bond, wouldn't that reduce the conductivity.. and raise the temp significantly?

I.. might have some AS5 hidden away in a drawer, but thats about it.

I was worried about a pad tearing or moving. I thought they had some kind of adhesive? If it lost it's bond, wouldn't that reduce the conductivity.. and raise the temp significantly?

I.. might have some AS5 hidden away in a drawer, but thats about it.

if it's pad. One side should be sticky one side should just sit where it's going(so you can remove and reapply if it's not messed up)

if it's paste then just reapply

if it's pad and it's tore you can always use paste in place of the pad.

Twas some kind of glue.. was hard and broken. Tuniq Tr1 took it right off though.. *shrug* Found some zalman grease and saved the as5 for something of mine. lol

Back