• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I think its Dying Slowly??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

Yes my Corsair AX 850 PSU is slowly but surely dying on me, over the last 2 weeks. I have had alarms and messeages in my windows, telling me there is either no 12 volts or 5 volts on the lines. And in some times the Win 7 would totally crash without warning, and a full restart is the only way to resume my Browsing afterwards. ;)

So good Members is my gut feelings is right or wrong? :shrug:

Please kindly give your "10 CENTS" to my question thanks. AJ. :salute:

As I mentioned in your other thread, you should measure these rails with a Multi-meter. If you did not have a 12v or 5v rail, your PC wouldn't be running PERIOD. Since it is, but is just having trouble, they are working, but can be out of spec.

I doubt it is the PSU and more likely an unstable overclock.

Thanks ED for the reply it just flashes on and then off and again sometimes goes off altogether, at that point you have to restart the PC. Its like a mains failure or Brown out etc.

Does this only happen when you are overclocked and pushing it, or at the clocks in your sig or stock or...

That said, I would still test your rails and report back. It could be the PSU, but I certainly wouldn't RMA without SOME form of investigation on your end.

Correct 100% it can happen when on here or web browsing it does not have to be when Benching with high loads etc. That most of all makes me think its something internal in the PSU that is failing or dying slowly.

Does this happen with the system at STOCK speeds?

Again, I would still test your rails with MM and report back.

Checked things out looks fine maybe a Software Glitch after all as Bobnova said in the other thread!! Case closed. AJ.

I have a brand new CX750M, and my Asus board also tells me there is trouble on the 5v sometimes. It also tells me that RPM on my exhaust fan is at 0, but any idiot can see the fan spinning like normal.

Honestly, im starting to beileve its an issue with the asus boards/software.

But in any case, the AX has 5 years of warrenty, just RMA it threw the Corsair site.

Tried that and failed, because it kept asking for some stupid number and would not post!!
Well that's life sometimes you see Pierre, your not the only one with problems and BAD LUCK!!! :eh?: :( :rain:

Tried that and failed, because it kept asking for some stupid number and would not post!!
Well that's life sometimes you see Pierre, your not the only one with problems and BAD LUCK!!! :eh?: :( :rain:

I had the problem with CPU fan error on boot, i just disabled the Fan low rpm warning, no problem since.

I get the 0.5v warning once in while, its random when it happens.

It's more Asus using meh parts and writing blegh software than anything else. The PSU isn't dropping out.

It's more Asus using meh parts and writing blegh software
+1
AJay if you have Ai Suite installed you may want to try un-installing it. On my CHV it was wreaking havoc on my system. It was giving me false readings on my rails and also temperatures. The kicker was my Pc wouldn't shut off sometimes and/or boot. I would go into windows and click shut down, the monitor would go blank but everything else stayed running. It would also do it on startup, I would hit the power button and everything would light up except the monitor. Rgone and Caddi Daddi alerted me to the fact that Ai Suite would case some issues like this on the CHV board. After I un-installed it my problems were gone.

Thanks Manny for the Heads up on the AI Suite, But i only use the Fan Xpert the rest i dumped in the Bin. I just cherry picked it for using it to regulate my Pump and fans here, the rest i got rid of and use the Bios on Manuel to OC. Thanks AJ.

Back