• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think its time to build but need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron6817

Like the title says i think its time to build a new pc. (4K for video editing)
I really want to keep the build @ about $2500 if possible
My goal is to render fast and play smooth.
This time i want to go AMD so i really need help and recommendations on mother board ,CPU,RAM and video card of course.
All of your help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Or can i add a video card to the system that i have all ready handle the task.

Last edited:
Do you need a case? What about a monitor? This is a bit over, but I literally just threw this together. I'm sure you could make adjustments. I strongly suggest you research each of these parts before purchasing, make sure everything is compatible etc. This is really just a very rough starting point. I'm really no expert on video editing either, I know it benefits from cores, not sure if it needs a 2080Ti though. Another option would be Threadripper, although waiting for the third gen my be smart. Also not sure if it would be in the budget, at least not without a substantial GPU sacrifice.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rF96cY

Do you need a case? What about a monitor? This is a bit over, but I literally just threw this together. I'm sure you could make adjustments. I strongly suggest you research each of these parts before purchasing, make sure everything is compatible etc. This is really just a very rough starting point. I'm really no expert on video editing either, I know it benefits from cores, not sure if it needs a 2080Ti though. Another option would be Threadripper, although waiting for the third gen my be smart. Also not sure if it would be in the budget, at least not without a substantial GPU sacrifice.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rF96cY

Yes i would need case and monitors. But thats not the heart of the computer thats just personal preference. Case can br basic. My main concern is the pc it self

Cool, doing a bit of reading I'm not sure you really need a 2080Ti for the task, but do some more research on your own. Dropping down to something like a 2070 Super or 2080 would make room in the budget for a decent monitor. I think the 12c/24t CPU is firmly justified here. This also seems to be a good case for a PCIe gen 4 NVMe SSD, but again check out some benchmarks and see if it's worth the premium. There are a lot of x570 boards out there, I just picked the asrock as a solid one capable of handling 12c with ease without a super high price. Again compare price and features to help you determine what you need in a motherboard, but remember the 12c CPU will pull down some power when overclocked or even stock boosting, well in excess of the rated TDP. It will also benefit from good cooling, hence the 360mm cooler, however I'm sure a 240mm would be fine as well. Also a good place to look at reviews, they generally all perform similarly though so I just picked one that wasn't too expensive.

Back