• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my H110i is going bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

Been hearing some odd sounds lately from the Intel side of me case and, when I got home from work yesterday afternoon and powered up then logged in, I started getting the Corsair Link warnings that the computer was way too hot. (I set it conservatively to 83°C)

I powered it off, waited 10 minutes, powered it back on and it booted up and I logged in. About a minute later I got the same hi-temp alarm so I turned it back off.

Opened the side panel, checked to make sure everything was plugged in and jiggled the tubes a bit, then closed everything back up, powered it up and it ran fine the rest of the night with temps never exceeding 39°, even at 4.2GHz (i7 4770K) but the pump is making a clicking sound.

I think the bearing in the AIO is going out.

I figure if the pump is what's going bad I've gotten good use from it (it's been in 4 cases and 6 builds) so I may just upgrade that side to a new system.

Anyone see the same kind of symptoms with the pump section making a "clicking" sound before?

Sounds familiar, sure. Bearings going out or something.

Something tells me if I try to stick it out until the 2nd Gen Threadrippers are released I'm going to end up with a dead system in the left half of my case...sigh.

Time to head to Amazon to get a new Ryzen 2700X/mobo/RAM/M.2/PSU/AIO...

err...nm. I just realized that if I buy a new ryzen I'm gonna have to actually do work in my TT case. I think I'll just let the system die instead

Why would your system die???? CPUs have protections in them to prevent dieing due to thermals...

How old is it? My H110i GTX recently failed, and I believe it to be liquid loss via permeation over the years I had it. I properly broke it while trying to take it apart to refill it. Hint: you can pull it off the barbs at the rad relatively safely as they're metal. The barbs on the block are plastic and I snapped one on mine.

Why would your system die???? CPUs have protections in them to prevent dieing due to thermals...

How old is it? My H110i GTX recently failed, and I believe it to be liquid loss via permeation over the years I had it. I properly broke it while trying to take it apart to refill it. Hint: you can pull it off the barbs at the rad relatively safely as they're metal. The barbs on the block are plastic and I snapped one on mine.

ED - Because I'd rather have gay unprotected sex with a rabid donkey than work in that TT case again, even to just replace the AIO with a new one.

Mackerel - It's been in 6 different builds and 3 cases. If it were simply lack of coolant due to loss over time I would consider performing a refill procedure. I'm pretty certain it's the pump though.

So I just got home, powered up, and pump es no bueno. It won't even power up.

I guess it's time to break out a cardboard box and throw the following into it, cause...

prospective.jpg

TFW the fans cost $9 more than the CPU
WTF-Face.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back