• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I tried to unlock my XP2000 tbred A. No luck, didnt work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A tbred shouldn't need to be unlocked...I am running a 1700 Tbred on a 8KHA+ (KT266A chipset) board and have all multi. up to 12.5 without any mods...

Do you have the latest BIOS for that board...

Your link is for the 2100+ (a Pally) and you say your 2000+ is a Tbred A - if this the case then you only need to jump a single bridge though I don't remember which. A pin mod is another option.

Robin Hood said:
Your link is for the 2100+ (a Pally) and you say your 2000+ is a Tbred A - if this the case then you only need to jump a single bridge though I don't remember which. A pin mod is another option.
Please point me into the right direction then. I want to be able to lower my multi so that I can run @ 166fsb.

This was a probem with the early version of my board.

Use this link and select unlock (second down in the third box) and insert a wire hoop into your socket.

I might try that. But I would rather paint it, since I already bought the stuff to do it that way lol. I might try the wire trick though, it seems to be the hot new way to unlock a multi.

Looking at that painting guide it seems that I painted the wrong set of L's. I did the L1's and for the tbred I guess that you are supposed to do the L3's. OOps, lol. at least it is still working for now. What might I have unlocked with the L1's? Anybody know?

not a thing on a tbred...

TUK101 said:
With my board (Via 333 chipset) the multis arent changeable, dont know why.

If your multipliers are not changable...which I have heard about the Chaintech boards...then unlocking wont help it...especially like I stated above...the tbreds should already be unlocked...

Damn, then would going to a Pali, and unlocking it work? I hate to buy a new mobo since I shelled out $130 for this one a few months ago, and it is a very very nice mobo. Maybe just buy a Barton, but that defeats the pride that is gained when reaching an OC of 166 fsb on a 133 fsb chip. :D

If chaintech has locked the multi choice in the BIOS...nothing can be done...is the CPU multiplier selection in the BIOS darkened out?

Nope, you can change the multi all you want. It just doesnt have any effect. I was told that the 333 chipset was just this way.

MY Epox 8K3A+ had no problem running the 1700 and having all multi. up to 12.5 without any mods to the CPU...and this KT266A has no problems either...

Also, you never did answer if you had the latest BIOS from them...on both Epox MB's I had to update to the latest BIOS for the tbred to be unlocked...

I will check. Last time that I checked for an updated bios they didnt have one that did me any good. I will brb with the results

Tbreds are unlocked but some early KT333 mobo's did not make use of this without modification.

If you still want to use your paint and have access to the back of your mobo, you could join the two pins that come through from the socket.

As glock says, you might have a problem with it being a Chaintech but if this proves to be the case then paint the multi you want using the same guide as before.

Well first up remove the attempted unlock you have made as you might be shorting across the bridges. Then when you are trying to change multis make sure you are selecting LOWER multis than 12.5 not higher. You can only access the lower multis with your particular mobo and that cpu.

OK, they did have a newer bios dated 05/09. will try and update to that and be back in a bit.

OC Detective said:
Well first up remove the attempted unlock you have made as you might be shorting across the bridges. Then when you are trying to change multis make sure you are selecting LOWER multis than 12.5 not higher. You can only access the lower multis with your particular mobo and that cpu.

I figured they might take the hint since I kept saying 12.5 and below ;)...

TUK101 said:
OK, they did have a newer bios dated 05/09. will try and update to that and be back in a bit.

Make sure what you have done already is completely cleaned off...and it should work without having to mod anything now...

Also, if it does work...to access 13x and higher you will want to blow the 3rd and 5th bridges on the L3...

Yeah, time to clean things off now. I got the bios updated without a hitch. Tried to change the multi again with no success, but I havent cleaned off what I had already flocked up. :cool:
Thanks for all of your input. Hopefully things work out now.

Back