• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want 40FPS average in UT2k3....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmigoThree

Ok I have been playing the hell out of the UT2k3 demo until I get enough money to buy the full one. But right now I want to overclock some to get the speeds I would like. I have the system that is in my sig and everything is stock. (The vid card is made by visiontek) So currently with that at 1024x768 with everything maxed (no AA or anti though) I get an average of 30FPS with the default amout of bots (7?11? I am not sure) the outdoor DM level in the demo. And I want to know what I have to do to get that up to a good 40.

I currently run the stock HS on my athlon but that is not a problem, I have a volcano 7+ sitting right here. My case temps are good (only about 7 degrees F over room temp) but I don't know my video card temp.

So how much would I need to overclock this to get it up to a steady 40 with the same game settings and bots and stuff.

EDIT: BTW I use the 40.41 drivers....

AmigoThree said:
Ok I have been playing the hell out of the UT2k3 demo until I get enough money to buy the full one. But right now I want to overclock some to get the speeds I would like. I have the system that is in my sig and everything is stock. (The vid card is made by visiontek) So currently with that at 1024x768 with everything maxed (no AA or anti though) I get an average of 30FPS with the default amout of bots (7?11? I am not sure) the outdoor DM level in the demo. And I want to know what I have to do to get that up to a good 40.

I currently run the stock HS on my athlon but that is not a problem, I have a volcano 7+ sitting right here. My case temps are good (only about 7 degrees F over room temp) but I don't know my video card temp.

So how much would I need to overclock this to get it up to a steady 40 with the same game settings and bots and stuff.

EDIT: BTW I use the 40.41 drivers....

overclock you video card till it starts artifacing in 3Dmark 2K1 then back of the mem setting about 10mhz and leave the core the same. Run 3dmark 2K1 again see if artifacting is gone and give UT2003 a whirl, if it is stable leave it there, otherwise lower the core slightly and see what happens. I do not know enough about the best drivers for the G3 Ti200 but that will be an imp part to getting better fps but overclocking it as high as possible will help as well imho

If you can afford to replace your stock heatsink on the cpu with someting better and overclock your cpu as much as it will handle and also run stable.

You should be able to get close to 40 but not with all the eye candy on. I run an 8500LE and it plays UT2003 well. The real game is so much better then the demo. You will love it when you get it.

Cisco Kid

Yup, that about covers it. Just overclock the GPU and memory slowly upward about 5mhz at a time, unitl the video card is no longer stable, then go back down 2 at a time until it is.

I would OC the CPU about 3 MHz at a time on the FSB until it is not stable or doesn't post, then back down 1-2Mhz at a time ont he FSB until it is.

you will need to turn down texture detail in the game from fastest to faster. and also world detail from highest to high.

You wont notic much of a diff in the graphics but ur fps will go up to 40

Yea Cisco kid I do have another heatsink here (Volcano7+) and it is ready to use, I just need to put it on.

What do I use to overclock my video card?

I'm running the rig below and OC'ed my video card (I don't remember, I'm at work) I have all features set to normal, 10 players and I run strong. I still jitter and sometimes crash while playing...........dang.........um....... UT2k3.......the game with the ball....... man it sucks getting old.....

palee72 said:
I'm running the rig below and OC'ed my video card (I don't remember, I'm at work) I have all features set to normal, 10 players and I run strong. I still jitter and sometimes crash while playing...........dang.........um....... UT2k3.......the game with the ball....... man it sucks getting old.....

youre problem seems like its a video card issue a ge force 2 and ge force 3 really suck on this game

Well I OCed my video card a little to start out. I went up 10mhz on the core and 30mhz on the mem. I gained 200 3dmakrs but I havent tested UT2k3 yet.

Well I upped the core 15mhz and mem 45mhz. I definately could go higher but I am just letting it sit for right now.

I got an increase of 300 3dmarks though.

Back