• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to Buy RollBack Rx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day

I am Looking to buy this Product RollBack Rx I have used the demo and it Looks Perfect for me I am a kind of a guy that Keeps making small Mistakes that lead to Big one's :bday:

I keep Losing data or having to reinstall windows from Scratch and this is Bothering me alot . With acronis and this Product i should be set
Most Of my problems is Erasing a main folder or a registry key
or any silly thing you can think of

therefore

I was Wondering if any One has a Coupon or any Kind of discount before I Purchase RollBack

Many thanks It May Sound silly But asking doesn't cost any thing

Good day

I am Looking to buy this Product RollBack Rx I have used the demo and it Looks Perfect for me I am a kind of a guy that Keeps making small Mistakes that lead to Big one's :bday:

I keep Losing data or having to reinstall windows from Scratch and this is Bothering me alot . With acronis and this Product i should be set
Most Of my problems is Erasing a main folder or a registry key
or any silly thing you can think of

therefore

I was Wondering if any One has a Coupon or any Kind of discount before I Purchase RollBack

Many thanks It May Sound silly But asking doesn't cost any thing

Firas,

Prices seem to be about $70 and I haven't seen any coupons for it.

You know you can't be randomly deleting Registry Keys particularly if they are .exe program and directory keys.

Thanks to Both

But I will end up Buying it I think it will do me alot of good and it is money well invested for me

Thanks RollingThunder It is about 65 Euro here

Many thanks

Good, let us know how the product works.

What exactly are you loosing? What are you messing up? Windows settings or files?
We talked about this before but if you:

1. Partitioned SSD into relatively small partitions.
2. Installed a dual boot. Windows XP / Windows 8 for example, you could quickly boot from one Windows into another an image one windows from another. This would take as little as four minutes if you keep image files on another fast hard drive. I also played and experimented with Windows but fast reimaging was key to getting back exactly where I was before I started messing with Windows settings.

No there is No Partitions on any SSD

Dont ask me what is wrong i do , , I just do something and Boom either I cant Boot any More or i delete my MBR and so on

OK.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to do what you are doing, even if I didn't mess with Windows in the old days, even if I *just* experimented with overclocking, I would mess my Windows up beyond recognition.

Today, I have things set up so that even if my system takes a small fraction of a second slower than I think it should, I nuke Windows and have it installed back to a condition it was in when everything was perfect and exactly how I want it to be. This procedure takes me less time than it takes me to go on a short bathroom break. By the time I come back, it's done and automatically restored.

Only reimaging process, specifically setup allows for this. i know what you want to do. 15-20 years ago it took me four full days to set everything up like I want it to be, and after a couple of times, I had to find a way to not spend so much time doing that after I mess things up. Things *always* get messed up.

We can talk about that in detail and you can understand what your options are and make a smart choice on how to handle this.

Even if it's just experimenting - that is OK - there is away to do this and restore Windows in a couple of minutes back to perfect condition. Experimenting can be educational as long as there are no personal files on the OS partition and you have good reimaging habits.

Firas,
1. First, SSDs are cheap. You do not need a large one. It is very important that you have at least one SSD, if the goal is to save yourself hours and days of time.

2. You do not need to have two types of Windows. I use them because then I do not need to drive image from a CD or a USB, unless I mess up the boot process.

3. I use a 30GB partition for Windows XP and a 35GB partition for Windows 8. The rest of the SSD (the third partition) is used for Program Files, Personal Files, Windows folders such as Desktop, Start Menu, Favorites, My Documents.

4. I use a separate hard drive to store Drive Image files on. Another SSD would be perfect, but a 7200 RPM mechanical hard drive will do, as long as you have at least one SSD for Windows.

I do this every Patch Tuesday, sometimes every few days, and most definitely every time anything is remotely out of place, even if my system hicks-up, I don't care, I nuke it:

I am usually in Windows 8, I double click on Restart in Windows XP [0.1 seconds or less]:

WinXP-Link.png

I then CHECK Windows XP (I do not need to click on Save Settings button. Simply CHECKING Windows XP sets the default operating system to Windows XP.) [0.5 seconds or less]:

EasyBCD.jpg

I then double click on Superfast Reboot which cuts Windows 8 off instantaneously and I am inside Windows XP. [The time it takes to boot in, varies by system, much faster if you have an SSD.]

5. I then double click on my Restore Folder [0.1 seconds or less].

Restore.png

6. I then double click on Restore Windows 8 [0.1 seconds or less]:

RestoreWindows8.png

7. This starts the imaging process, and reboots into Windows 8 after it finishes. I leave for about four minutes or so and when I come back, I am looking at the system already booted into a perfectly restored Windows 8.

I keep a text file of all changes I make to my master image which I make once a month when I update the master image on monthly Patch Tuesdays. I am so used to everything being perfect and instantaneous on my system that I feel uncomfortable using other computers which are not set up for super-fast computer useage. When I use other people's computers - it's like I am disabled because everything takes a second or two instead of 0.1 seconds or instantaneously. This is only possible with frequent imaging. Windows inevitably rots and slows things down after a while... People disagree with me because they do not know the difference between 0.1 seconds and 0.5 seconds or think it's :screwy: to notice the difference.

The bottom line is, this allows anyone to do crazy things Firas does worry-free - because they can be back to perfection in four minutes.

Last edited:
EDIT: I respectfully disagree with removing the questions now removed from this thread which I answer below:

(If I may) Original poster has been here before and the thread topic covers his ongoing quest to correct Windows quickly after he messes it up.

My post offers a viable alternative to original's poster's goal, original intent for starting this thread, it addresses that original question he continues to have.

EasyBCD requires one of the operating systems to be Vista/Win7/Win8. As long as one of those is installed on the system, EasyBCD will handle Windows XP and Linux, etc.

Super Fast Reboot is an extra program, which you may not to use every time because it is the equivalent of the reset button. it cuts everything off and reboots the system instantaneously. It is freeware and I don't know where they moved it to from here:
http://www.xp-smoker.com/freeware.html
I attached it to this post.

It cuts off every process as if you pressed the reset button, maybe some of the Antivirus software could detect it as a threat, whit it isn't. (It is useful when multiple windows are acting up, things are obviously going downhill - and you want to cut your losses, Superfast reboot and nuke the OS.)

I am not sure where this question came from:
Silver_Pharaoh said:
And if I read correctly, to boot into Windows 8, you re-image the drive every time?

I use the EasyBCD screen to quickly reboot into any of the four Windows Operating Systems, no reimageing required.
You need to reboot into *another* Windows to image the Windows you are currently in.

So to image Windows 8, you need to do it *from* Windows XP.
To image WIndows XP, you need to do it *from* Windows 8.

Windows XP is important because it doesn't use EasyBCD, so there may be problems imaging Windows 8 from Windows 7 for example, because they both use BCD... so absolutely use Windows XP as part of *every* multi-boot, it is extremely friendly to nuking Windows Vista/Win7/Win8.

I will write an article for the main page on this topic after I contact Symantec to send me their software like they promised they would for evaluation, I plan to have a shoot-out test between Symantec, Acronis and TeraByte Image.

Attachments

• Superfast Shutdown 2.0.zip
    330.4 KB · Views: 35
Back