• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to Upgrade my laptop CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZKM

hi guys,I had my dad laptop ,Sony Vaio PCG-7184L, with the CPU , (VGN-NW240F) (Intel Core 2 Duo T6500) Processor, The processor can be replaced with an identical or compatible processor, I want to change the CPU with faster one ,like for example ( Intel Core 2 Duo T9900) ,my question is , what is the faster CPU that the MOBO of the laptop can take and what is the code or the number of it? thank you.

I would google, "What is the fastest CPU the Sony Vaio PCG7184L will run?"

The chances that someone here will be able to give you an answer that is first hand from experience is next to none. It's a very small niche question. Probably the best chance you have to pull this off is to find out what the fastest CPU that model laptop shipped with.

Generally, it's not a good idea to try to put a more powerful CPU in a laptop than what it shipped with because the cooling on laptops is already marginal and you would only make it worse.

My friend wanted to do something similar with his laptop. Here is what we zeroed upon. Maybe it helps you!
CPU: [email protected] Delidded
Storage: Sandisk 256 gb SSD
RAM: 2x8 gb Crucial 2400 Ballistic DDR4

My friend wanted to do something similar with his laptop. Here is what we zeroed upon. Maybe it helps you!
CPU: [email protected] Delidded
Storage: Sandisk 256 gb SSD
RAM: 2x8 gb Crucial 2400 Ballistic DDR4

Uh, the OP has an Intel board that is running a core 2 duo so it's several generations older than your friend's. That won't work. It doesn't even use DDR4.

Back