• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wanted a second opinion on motherboards can you help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larry2017

Registered
They are ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero dark?, ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming and the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master with a Ryzen 9 3950X or a 3900 also should I get 32gig to run in dual-rank mode?

Any of those three mobos should be fine. Pick the least expensive one that has the features you need and the look. It doesn't need to be complicated. ;)

At this point, I'd buy a 5000 series cpu instead of last gen. Just better. ;)

Get 32GB because you need the capacity. I wouldnt worry much about ranks/banks. :thup:

About the same comment here. All mobos are more than fine and better get Ryzen 5000 as it's faster and will last longer. 32GB is not required if you aren't close to the 16GB limit but I would get 32GB anyway.

You can also take a look at B550 motherboards as you can save some money and they're not really worse. It's just a matter of additional controllers or PCIe lanes. I expect that most B550 motherboards will have longer support (like BIOS releases) just because are newer. If you wish for something with two PCIe x8 and more M.2 SSD then check Strix B550-XE. It has a PCIe x16 add-on card that has 4x M.2 PCIe sockets so in total 6x M.2 SSD and still can use one x16 slot. It also costs significantly less than most, above average, X570 motherboards. If you don't need anything like an additional M.2 then Strix B550-E or F are fine too and even cheaper.

Ditto that. I run the Crosshair Hero VII with the 3950. Great combo. Look at what you need for connectivity, onboard features, etc.

I will have to look at the 5000 series cpu now any suggestion? I will also have to read about the B550.

Back