• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I would like to overclock my CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KiraCze

My moba is asrock 970a-g/3.1
Cpu Amd Fx-4320
cooler silentiumpc spartan 3 lt he1012
I would like to overclock it on 4.8 or 4.6
but i am not so experienced just bought new pc and i am little afraid of doing it just by myself so i would like to get help from some more experienced ppl
:)

Last edited:
Welcome to OCF KiraCze
There's a good link in my sig about OC for FX CPU check it out.

So read through your motherboard manual, then the guide. Once you are done with those two thing, let us know what questions you have. You may need to post screenshots of your bios as well, I'm not sure how familiar the guys are with your motherboard. Let us know what your questions are!

You will not get 4.6ghz from that cooler.

Actually, it looks like a petty decent cooler just from the pics but I can't read the specs as all the info is in a language I can't read. Apparently, it's not available in the US.

Found a translation page. 150W rated cooler,; 92mm fan. Might be good for an OC of 4.5 ghz I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Well I've sort of successfully got my 4320 running at 4.6GHz. AMD overdrive stability test runs fine for over an hour, but prime95 falls over very quickly. Also I've just installed witcher 3 and it keeps just closing and going to desktop, so I'm here trying to figure out what could be failing. Temps never go above 47 degrees... I've only upped the voltage slightly and multiplier to 23x. Any suggestions as to what else would need changing?

Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
AMD FX-4320(black) 4.6GHz
Arctic Freezer A32
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC-edition
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz
Realtek RTL8192CE PCIe Wireless
Bitfenix Spectre Pro's

My moba is asrock 970a-g/3.1
Cpu Amd Fx-4320
cooler silentiumpc spartan 3 lt he1012
I would like to overclock it on 4.8 or 4.6
but i am not so experienced just bought new pc and i am little afraid of doing it just by myself so i would like to get help from some more experienced ppl
:)

Hey,
So I've got my fx-4320 stable at 4.6. I could push it higher but I have no want to risk it. Here's what I've done:
BCLK Clock control @ 230Mhz
CPU Vcore @ +0.18v
NB core @ +0.08v
No change to multiplier @ 20x

During AMD overdrive stress test (for 1.5 hours), CPUID HWmonitor shows:
CPU VCORE ranging between 1.500 to 1.524v
MOBO>Temperature>CPU max was 50C (ambient 25C)
Chip>Temperature>Package max was 44C (ambient 25C)
AMD overdrive shows VID @ 1.375v

At Idle (while writing this) CPUID HWmonitor shows:
CPU Vcore ranging between 1.056 and 1.536v
MOBO>Temperature>CPU between 35 and 37C (ambient 25C)
Chip>Temperature>Package too low to measure accurately - bumping between 12 and 22C

This is what I'm running it on:
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Arctic Freezer A32
Corsair Vengeance 2X8GB 1866MHz
All Bitfenix Spectre Pro's (case & arctic freezer)

Last edited:
Well I've sort of successfully got my 4320 running at 4.6GHz. AMD overdrive stability test runs fine for over an hour, but prime95 falls over very quickly. Also I've just installed witcher 3 and it keeps just closing and going to desktop, so I'm here trying to figure out what could be failing. Temps never go above 47 degrees... I've only upped the voltage slightly and multiplier to 23x. Any suggestions as to what else would need changing?

Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Arctic Freezer A32
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz
Realtek RTL8192CE PCIe Wireless
Bitfenix Spectre Pro's

If it's not stable in P95 then that's likely why you're crashing in Witcher. You'll need more voltage in my opinion.

If it's not stable in P95 then that's likely why you're crashing in Witcher. You'll need more voltage in my opinion.

The sky is also blue. In my second post there you can see the details of how I've already stabilised it at 4.6....

AMD OD stability is OK but not a very hard test. You never mentioned P95 in that second post or whether or not Witcher was still crashing. So I really had no idea since I don't count AMD OD as stable.

AMD OD stability is OK but not a very hard test. You never mentioned P95 in that second post or whether or not Witcher was still crashing. So I really had no idea since I don't count AMD OD as stable.

Yes stable with P95 for several hours and Witcher is now running SAF. I gave the example using AMD OD as many newcomers to overclocking (i.e. the person who started this thread) don't use/have P95 and aren't interested in testing their rig that rigorously.

Back