• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I would like to overclock my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elivate

So here are the specs of the system I would like to OC:

• Microsoft Windows XP
  • Patriot Signature Line 2GB 2X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL5 240PIN Memory Dual Channel DIMM Kit
  • Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan
  • Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 Dual Core Processor LGA775 1.8GHZ 800FSB 1MB
  • Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ATX LGA775 P35 1333FSB 1PCI-E16

I have read that this CPU is excellent for overclocking but I am really not sure where to start... I have owned this for 2 years now and (obviously) have never attempted to overclock it...

A lot of the things I have read talk about a 400 fsb on this processor so that has me confused as mine says 800...

With stock cooling and a decent case fan what can I expect to get out of this thing? Also, can someone let me know the details that I need to be aware of when setting the numbers in the bios? Voltage, multiplier, etc...

Thanks!!

oops just found some really good info in the sticky, will use that and come back with questions if it doesn't work :)

Back