• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7-2600 Overclock HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michael Snow

Hello everyone, I'm new around here as you can see and I'm a huge noob when its about overclocking. I have a I7-2600 and I would really appreciate if you guys can give me a tutorial on how do I overclock it, PLEASE. :shock:

Welcome! You have come to the right place!

I just want to confirm what you have hardware wise. Can you list motherboard, ram, PSU, cooler, etc? Also please clarify if you have a 2600 or 2600K as that will make a difference in overclocking...some of the guide (see link in signature) we have may not be applicable if it is a non K. ;)

Thank you for your welcome, EarthDog. If you need more than this, please let me know and I will do my best to provide it. Thank you so much for helping me guys.

Mike, when you have a chance, please host the picture internally. I am at the office and that is blocked.

OCFinsertimages.png

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you didn't build that computer yourself, judging by your motherboard. I'd say you can't/wont be able to overclock it very far. if at all.

The computer I have is a HP Pavilon. I don't have the knowledge to build my own computer,sadly. I only want to overclock it as recommended.

Darren, excellent guess!

A couple of things.

1. That board likely doesnt have the features you need to overclock in the bios such as vcore adjustment and multiplier to name two.
2. Also, you do NOT have a 2600K so overclocking would have to be done, at most by your turbo multi and bclk which is VERY limited.

You may, but its highly doubtful, be able to raise the multiplier to the highest turbo ratio, and raise bclk, but again, I doubt it.

After looking up the board, I wouldnt care if it had oveclocking options on it. I wouldnt overclock on it as there are very few power phases and what is there doesnt have a heatsink on it.

You need to buy a new motherboard if you want to overclock is what I am going with.

I see now. Thank you again for your fast response. I am planning on buiying an alienware later on so maybe I will be able to overclock.

Ooof... my man, use us to help you. Alienware will be a ripoff compared to doing it yourself...Its surely not rocket science and things only really fit one way. There are guides and youtube videos galore on how to build a PC. Just have us suggest the parts within your budget and GO!

I see now. Thank you again for your fast response. I am planning on buiying an alienware later on so maybe I will be able to overclock.

So youre planning to overpay for a piece of crapp? Atleast get a real proper prebuilt pc from ibuypower or something that uses real quality parts instead of the overpriced oem trash you get with alienware. Alienware is just dell and dell is crapp.

Ooof... my man, use us to help you. Alienware will be a ripoff compared to doing it yourself...Its surely not rocket science and things only really fit one way. There are guides and youtube videos galore on how to build a PC. Just have us suggest the parts within your budget and GO!
^^^THIS!!! Like ED says it's not rocket science and we're here to help.

Plus a lot of the shop units only come with the most basic power supply's, so Overclocking in most cases is out of the question! AJ. :shrug: ;)

Michael Snow- if what you're looking for is higher performance in games, just get something like a Corsair CX500 power supply and a 7870 GPU. No real need to overclock your CPU.

Well...the reason why I wanted to overclock my CPU is because I'm playing this game chivalry : medieval warfare and if I overclock my cpu, I will get more attack speed in the game and it is not considered a cheat but a glitch.

I checked ibuypower and all I have to say is...YOU MADE MY LIFE MUCH EASIER !

Last edited:
Well...the reason why I wanted to overclock my CPU is because I'm playing this game chivalry : medieval warfare and if I overclock my cpu, I will get more attack speed in the game and it is not considered a cheat but a glitch.

I checked ibuypower and all I have to say is...YOU MADE MY LIFE MUCH EASIER !

You should still build your next computer yourself. It's much cheaper. Are you ready to buy now? If so just post in the General Hardware section with your goals for the system and a budget (and where you live) and we'll put a system together for you and direct you to tutorials on how to assemble it.
If you build it yourself you'll save a couple hundred dollars.

Your game performance problem might be that the video card you already have in your pc is kind of weak. You might want to get a better graphic card, A radeon hd57xx is pretty low end.

His problem is the whole PC is weak and not up to the job, hence Theo talking about building your own!! So lets not go off on false hopes etc. AJ. ;) :rolleyes:

Back