• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 2600k 4.7 @ 1.39v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJCheebone

Hello all! I am relatively new to overclocking but have a good grasp of it from the threads on this site and various SB oc guides. Apparently I don't have a superstar chip but I am very stable at 4.7 at 1.39v. I don't think 4.8 is obtainable with my Corsair H50 cooler (push/pull). Idle my temps are 27-35 degrees C. Prime 95 I hit 86 degrees C. While running the Final Fantasy XIV benchmark it got to max 60 degrees C while under a max 55% load. This pc is basically for Final Fantasy XIV.

My question is should I use the 4.7 setting for day to day gaming or just go back to 4.4 at 1.275v (I think that's what it was at). Is the 9% voltage jump from 1.275 to 1.39 not worth the 7% performance increase? I'm not sure how that translates to electric bill. Does that equate to $20 more per month in electricity? Not that matters to me, I would just like to know for curiosity's sake.

Thank you for your time and any feedback!

I would do the 4.4Ghz personally. Its not worth it. As far as electricity, its a non issue. Maybe $2 difference if you ran it 24/7 for 30 days.

You can do your own math on that and figure it out as well.

I agree with EarthDog... for a daily 24/7 type o.c with that chip I'd run either 44x or maybe 45x.

Back