• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 3770k CFX HD7970 watercooling help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks a lot for your help. That was exactly what I needed. The tubing, barbs, and clamps was the part that was confusing me and you knocked it out the park. Its funny you made the analogy to pretend like its my law degree final prep. lol As I have actually been dabbling in law and went to college for it for a few years before my injuries. I will continue to research as you have mentioned. Thanks a lot for all your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Okay guys I have got my rig up and running. Now I would like to get the water cooling going. I see http://www.xoxide.com has the Swiftech H220 AIO. Which would work nice for cooling my i7. However, I would like to cool my HD7970's as well. I am going to have roughly 550w of heat from the HD7970's and about 150w for my CPU. Should I just get the H220 with some extra rad and some full cover GPU blocks? Will the H220's pump be powerful enough to handle two 240mm rads, CPU block, and two GPU blocks? If so what rad and full cover GPU blocks should I get? Thanks in advance.

Hey, xoxide doesn't have the h220. When I read your post I went instantly to the site, if you try to add it to your cart it will say that they have 0 stock :facepalm:

That was my understanding but when I saw his post I said wtf!!!! Then, if you go to the website, it seems that they have it but when you add it to the cart, then they will tell you they don't have stock.

It was announced to be released by the end of February so I thought that it was possible. I can't wait to have it.

Oh sorry I thought they did. I just saw it listed on there site but did not actually try to add it to the cart. Sorry about that guys. My apologies... I thought it was released as well.

I just talked to Swiftech and they said the pump on the H220 is a beast. They said I could easily add a 3x120 radiator and two Swiftech MCW82 Universal waterblocks with the Swiftech HD7900 series heatsinks. They said I would just have to make sure that the Sapphire HD 7970 Boosts that I am using are on a reference PCB. I think I am going to go this route and save myself some money. There shouldn't be that big of an impact if any at all.

Yeppers I remembered the CES 2013 video. They had the CPU, 2 graphics cards, and said you could still have room for chipset blocks etc. Therefore, I'm just going to wait for that baby to come out. I just need to get some more information on these HD7970 Boosts from Sapphire. I believe they are reference boards but the heatsinks/fan is not. I believe thats what I was told. I can't remember for sure.

Back