• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 3770K with Corsair H60 (Installation Help!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Congrats on your temps. Those super hight temps 90c+ are dangerous for virtually any CPU and will damage them. It could have been the combination of a bad seat and high volts. If I saw 90c+ I would stop everything. You let them even go under 100c, was suprised you didn't get a shutdown automatically. But you never know you might have a nice batch chip if you can drop that voltage that low.

Congrats on your temps. Those super hight temps 90c+ are dangerous for virtually any CPU and will damage them. It could have been the combination of a bad seat and high volts. If I saw 90c+ I would stop everything. You let them even go under 100c, was suprised you didn't get a shutdown automatically. But you never know you might have a nice batch chip if you can drop that voltage that low.

i am too much frustrated with my new rig :(

after these much problems, i am able to get proper temp.. now my pc acts like pentium 4 (even worse!!!!)

i am running power dvd installation + moh warfighter installation + working in excel. every 4 sec it freezes and hangs up for 10 secs!!! takes 70 mins to install power dvd!!! :( any help?????

It's possible that just running multiple installations at once is causing problems, I would only run one at a time.

It's possible that just running multiple installations at once is causing problems, I would only run one at a time.

but in past i ran many application at once in my i7 940xm and in Q9550 processor... around 6-10 application.. in this i cant run morethan 3.. :(

it isn't the running of the application, it is the multiple installation process can freak out windows.

it isn't the running of the application, it is the multiple installation process can freak out windows.

ru sure man?? is it not about cpu or win?? but when no application is running, at that time if i run one application it has lightning speed!!!

ru sure man?? is it not about cpu or win?? but when no application is running, at that time if i run one application it has lightning speed!!!

So you ran Prime95 and got no issues with that low voltage, right? Do you get these slow issues when you are running multiple applications? (Not installs) such as browser, media player, excel, ???, ??? It very well could be your system freaking out because you're running a lot of installers, you could be saturating your HDD (Your hard drive is going to bring your system down, even if you get a 3930k), or it could be something else..

Such as insufficient voltage. I'm not the one to tell you what it could be :p

If it passes prime for a few hours at those settings, voltage is fine.

I wonder if the high OC early on caused some file to be wrtten wrong/messed up. If he had such early failures of the P95 workers he could have corrupted files.

OP: The PC build is pretty new right? You might consider a full new Windows install and start out again, slowly, let all the W updates happen over a few hours, then install the latest mobo drivers, sound drivers, graphic drivers etc first before installing anything else.

Start over I guess. It's part of a hobby, it's not always pretty and you learn as you go.

It takes me a good FULL day to slowly install everything. And I do a LOT of reboots etc to make sure. The second day I check and install that last bit. 12+ hours in front of a PC you gotta quit and do it another day.

Lastly, buy a GOOD antivirus/malware etc program and install it as soon as windows finally.......... finishes all the updates with 5 reboots and manual checks of drivers. Not sure what you use or your 'web habits'.

I use Kapersky. Yea, it's not cheap nor is the annual subscription. You want to play, you pay. Simple.

I dunno, your temps are good now, but you could have a lot of messed up files.

after reading yogesh12 thread i conclude that my h60 is working properly (but please comment if not and suggest thanks!), i'm also worried/tired of thinking if i installed my h60(push/pull setup), suddenly i read it and we have the same result when in load @ 3.9ghz using prime95, (but not on idle temp mine is lower about 5c) @ 1.6ghz idle cpu speed, i attach pictures for reference

this my load temp, room temp of 28c-30c (no electric fan use or what so ever only pc is turn on when i'm testing it) running about 1 and half hour.

loadtemp_zpsf88fa477.jpg

and this is the idle temp

idletemp_zps98f2520c.jpg

in your opinion if its not normal feel free to comment and i would appreciate it ..big thanks for any helping hand there..

looks relatively normal to me, your ambients are pretty warm, so that will influence it as well.

yeah your right , i should buy an h80i but to fat in my case looks bad. btw try to oc to this cooler 4.2ghz @ 1.16volts do you think the temps is find in everyday/gaming use?

load temp

loadtemp42ghz116volts_zps4e1e5f34.jpg

and this is the idle , if you use manual setting do you think the voltage never go down, even in idle?

idletemp42ghz_zps4e955aea.jpg

Personally, I think the Temps are correct, before I delidded my 3770K and with a Corsair H100 I was hitting 83C with 1.224v @ 4.5ghz, 4.7 with 1.3v would reach 98C, putting 1.35v through it will make it reach 105C easily, especially with a H60 which is just a 120mm rad vs the H100 double 120mm rad.

yeah your right , i should buy an h80i but to fat in my case looks bad. btw try to oc to this cooler 4.2ghz @ 1.16volts do you think the temps is find in everyday/gaming use?

load temp

loadtemp42ghz116volts_zps4e1e5f34.jpg

and this is the idle , if you use manual setting do you think the voltage never go down, even in idle?

idletemp42ghz_zps4e955aea.jpg

looks fine, you won't find everyday use as taxing as a stress test utility. so in day to day gaming, you'll probably be 5-10c lower. this is fine.

however, i think you could get a much better OC (4.5?) and temps if you stepped up to a better all in one unit. The new Swiftech all in one is the best but expensive. an h100 wouldn't be bad, better if you can push pull with it.

thanks for your input now i know i get good temps, btw when i'm testing i also don't have any electric fan or ac on just the pc and the monitor.

Do this,

Unplug the case from power
Remove the cooler
Clean the upside of the processor and the downside of the heat block with alcohol rubbed cotton
Draw a tiny X over the cpu with your thermal interface material
Mount the cooling block right above it without moving it around too much
Screw the block in
Screw hard
Mount the raidator onto your case mainly with the fans blowing the heat outwards.

X would be too much paste especially when novice folks do it. Put a drop of rice and than screw down the screws slowly in a cross pattern so the paste spreads out nicely underneath.

Back