• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4790k MCE error Need help asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Grats] Mambo

I recently bought upgraded hardware for my PC, that consists of an ASRock z97 Extreme6 M.2 Motherboard, Intel i7 4790k 4.0Ghz CPU and 16Gb G.skill Ripjaw X DDR3-1600 ram.

My problem starts randomly, I was streaming a video and my PC froze along with the audio. A blue screen popped up giving me a Machine_Check_Exception error then continued to boot back up.
It appears it's a hardware failure, I've reset the CMOS and BIOS/UEFI settings to default, the CPU and everything is running stock. but my ram is running 1333Mhz, can the slow speed cause my PC to just stall? is the CPU a dud? the problem has happened 4-5 times now and occurs at random points. I've taken my pc apart now and put it back together, and i am still getting this freezing.
Should I RMA? Can I RMA after i've OC'd a cpu from newegg? IDK what to do. any insight would be appreciated.

Back