• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 6700k or i7 6950X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry... who is being snarky? I asked a serious question of you! You have real world experience or know/heard people that have. And seeing that Kenrou's and I link are opposites, we, well...I was looking for you to shed some light on it for us.

I wouldn't say opposites, its still a question of more cores vs higher IPC. I would suppose it would be more accurate if we did a test of for example 6700k with HT off vs HT on. But if "real life" apps are anything to go by the 8350 is smashed by a 6700k (i should know, i had a 8370 4.7ghz that did about half of my current in almost every bench) :( ofc this does not translate exactly to games, i gained maybe 20%-60% extra fps depending on what im playing, good example would be 3DMark physics, went from ~30fps to ~50fps, BF4 near doubled, MWO average ~50fps to ~90fps, Crysis 3... roughly the same (haven't really tried benching it though) :rofl:

Last edited:
For clarity, I meant opposite as in my link the AMD CPU beat out the Intel's in most of the streaming tests. In yours, it seemed like the opposite.

For clarity, I meant opposite as in my link the AMD CPU beat out the Intel's in most of the streaming tests. In yours, it seemed like the opposite.

Ok, bear with me here : Intel won in Crysis 2/Warhead in your link, then loses in Metro 2033 (we all know how well optimized that game is, Redux improved it considerably and its still crap), and then gets smashed in a s***** little game like Trine (why on earth was that even in there) ? I would call bad programming to be fair :p

Back