• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 @ 4.43ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IcedOutCpu

Registered
Hey guys..I'd like to share my success with my recent build.. Able to pull 4.43ghz ht-on.. My cooling is TRUE w/ single fan setup.. I'll soon add another fan for push and pull.. :bday:
443Ghz.jpg

Last edited:
Running @ 4.51ghz
451ghz.jpg

Nice man w/ HT on. For gaming I would recommend disabling HT, this will give you a decrease of about 5 to 10*C and also an increase of upwards of 100 mhz sometimes. Also, I would recommend prime/linx/orthos to give that chip some strain and really find out the ultimate 24/7 stability point before you start BSOD'ing randomly at your current clocks.

Cheers bro.

You must have the modded BIOS because the P6T would be throttling all over the place between 20-21x without it.

I agree. No offense but I really doubt that's stable. Need to see some Prime blend, large FFTs, or some LinX.

Regardless if it would pass Prime Blend, large FFT's, or LinX, it passed a SuperPi @ 4.51GHz with max temps @ 60*C on a TRUE with one fan :clap: :clap: :clap: A SHINING example of why Air rules the more complex water-cooling setups IMO ;) You just increased my lust for an i7 setup by an order of magnitude!!! But I think I'll hold out for an i5 Nehalem with a significantly lower system pricetag and comparable performance...

:cool:

Regardless if it would pass Prime Blend, large FFT's, or LinX, it passed a SuperPi @ 4.51GHz with max temps @ 60*C on a TRUE with one fan :clap: :clap: :clap: A SHINING example of why Air rules the more complex water-cooling setups IMO ;) You just increased my lust for an i7 setup by an order of magnitude!!! But I think I'll hold out for an i5 Nehalem with a significantly lower system pricetag and comparable performance...

Hey Randyman, I guess you havent seen my golden 920 D0 that I was running. 4.54 GHz prime stable with HT enabled on air. ;) Maybe its just me and some people, but I never consider the rig stable until at least some linx, orthos, or prime is attempted.
Taken from my i7-920 Finally Found a Golden One, Thread:

Current Setup:
Asus p6t-deluxe v2 w/ v1 bios
Patriot Extreme Memory 6GB
TRUE with push/pull noctua fans

Well, as you all know I have been going through i7-920's like cake here. So far, my max bclk on the different chips that I went through:
My first Newegg 920-C0 = max bclk 192
Second C0 bought locally = max bclk 202
MIAHALLENS Japanese D0 = max bclk 218
My latest Japanse D0!!! = max bclk 215

My latest arrivals to the D32 testing ground! lol
cpus.jpg

Prime Stable Settings:

prime45.jpg

216 X 21 - 4.54 GHz
vcore = 1.39
pll = 1.96
qpi = 1.35
dram = 1.65
ram - 9-9-9-24, 1T

HYPER THREADING ENABLED! 8 Threads baby!

So, I am pretty sure the bclk issue is both a combination of cpu and motherboard. I may try and use the EVGA classified to try and get a few more ponies out of this latest chip that I got my hands on. Let me tell you guys. I am prime, 3d, and bench stable at 4.54 GHz and 1.38 vcore. This latest chip is incredible and I have definitely come to the conclusion that if this puppy had an unlocked multi I would be 4.9 to 5.0 Ghz on air! PS- temperatures are identical on the new cpu, about 80 to 85*C load and 40 to 50*C idle.

Let the results come:

http://nextlevelhardware.com/i7/3dm06.jpg

http://nextlevelhardware.com/i7/pi1m.jpg

Raised NB clock and mem speed a hair. ;) Shave a good 30 seconds off 32m:

pi32new.jpg

*** reserved**

Last edited:
Nice! It's amazing what can be done with a $60 TRUE - nice and simple while still delivering huge performance. I love it :thup: I still think I'll be holding off for an i5 system which should cost significantly less and not be too far behind an OC'd 920 rig from what I've read thus far...

Wow, seeing these D0's OC so good makes me want to run over to MC and Buy one. With my luck I'll buy one and it doesn't do as good as my C0.

I've been highly slacking off with my D0. I've had it a week and a half, it's at 4011mhz (21*191), leaving all voltage settings on auto in my Rampage II Extreme. Prime stable, but it's being fed much more voltage than I'm sure it needs, 1.41ish. Really need to crack down and do it myself to get a nice OC heh.

Very nice. Willing to share some settings? I can do 211BClk on mine, but I have some reboot and stability problems to work out.

Damn makes me want to get the Thermalright just to go further. I need to get faster ram also but damn.

It's a nice clock, but I'm still waiting on some stability screens before passing further judgement.

Back