• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 920 overclocking help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xavier1618

Hey as u can see from my signature everything my new pc is running. I'm new to this forum and to pc modding. i would like to overclock this liquid cooled machine to something u guys think is stable enough for 24/7 use. or if u think it would be better for me to let the pc relax a couple of hours in the night. if u guys need anything else or need me to start getting some monitoring programs let me now. The whole pc is stock right now no OC yet.

I assume you're looking for specific BIOS settings for a decent overclock? If so then give these settings a try for 4.0GHz (w/ both HT and Turbo enabled, and assuming default RAM timings are 9-9-9-24 at DDR3-1600)...

Code:
Frequency Control
CPU Clock Ratio: x 20 
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz): 191
CPU Uncore Frequency (Mhz): x 16
Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Frequency (Mhz): 100

Memory Feature
Memory Control Setting: Enabled
Memory Frequency: 2:8
Channel Interleave Setting: 6 Way
Rank Interleave Setting: 4 Way
Memory Low Gap: Auto
tCL Setting: 9
tRCD Setting: 9
tRP Setting: 9
tRAS Setting: 24
tRFC Setting: 74
Command Rate: t2

Voltage Control
EVGA VDroop Control: Disabled
CPU VCore: 1.3125v 
CPU VTT Voltage: +150mV
CPU PLL VCore: 1.80v
DIMM Voltage: 1.65v
DIMM DQ Vref: +0 
QPI PLL VCore: 1.3v
IOH VCore: 1.275v 
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage: 1.6v
ICH VCore: 1.2v
PWM Frequency: 800 KHz

CPU Feature
Intel SpeedStep: Disabled
Turbo Mode Function: Enabled
CxE Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled 
Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Intel HT Technology: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All 
QPI Control Settings: Enabled 
QPI Link Fast Mode: Enabled
QPI Frequency Selection: 4,800 GT/s

hey guys thanks for the reply. redduc900 are these bios settings specific to the x58 sli le cause i dont want to have extra tabs that i dont know what to do with. i remember on my bios there was a tab named Dummy O.C. so i will search the bios and check all the tabs out and repost later to see anything extra.

hey redduc900 there were many more tabs then i thought, i will try with what you gave me and see how it goes if anything thanks now for the help.

Last edited:
Yes, the BIOS settings I posted are specific to the LE. I thought you were only interested in "overclocking" related BIOS options, not settings for every option in your BIOS. And there's no way any of us can guarantee 24/7 stability of your system, or anybody elses for that matter w/ the settings we provide. The settings I provided for you are ballpark figures, so I leave it up to you to tweak the settings if necessary to provide stability. Your system components are close to top of the line, but irregardless... I still can't guarantee you stability at 4.0GHz for 24/7 operation, as there are too many variables to consider.

The first thing you should do, as should anybody, is backup or image your existing install prior to altering or flashing the BIOS. You should also run Memtest86+ to check for RAM stability before attempting to boot into Windows for the first time after making any overclocking related changes.

Welcome to OC Forums :welcome: :D

Like redduc said, you have pretty good components, so your chances of being able to achieve 4.0Ghz are fairly good. I am fairly new to the i7 game, but if you could list your BIOS settings, it would help give us an idea on where to steer you to a hopefully successful overclock. The main settings you need to worry about are your cpu's core voltage, your ram voltage and timings, your FSB (usually called BClck or something like that), your CPU multiplier (usually 19-20x), and your chipset's voltage. From your signature, it looks like you have a pretty good idea on your RAM timings and speed. LEt us know of you need anymore help!

-Dave

You shoud be able to reach 3.6 without any vcore change. I have EX58-UD3R and i only need 1.72500 to go up to 3.8 with ht and boost enabled

Back