• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 980x Water cooling Enermax liqmax ii 120s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Branson33

He guys i was just wondering if the enermax ii 120s would be enough to cool an i7 980x overclocked to 4.4 ghz. Currently the stock cooler keeps it at 76c under load but i was wondering if the 120s would do any better thanks!

It might shave a few degrees off over the stock cooler. Given the fact it's a 120 (single fan/small rad). You'll get better temps with the 240 model.

I7 980x overclock help

Hey guys i was wondering if an ID Cooling icekimo 120mm radiator would be enough to keep it at around 70c. It is at 4.4 ghz with 1.375 vcore

I answered your post: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-I7-980x-Water-cooling-Enermax-liqmax-ii-120s

Again any type of 120mm single rad AIO cooler will cool the same. It will shave off a few degrees and that's it. If you want better temps go with a custom loop or if you decide on an AIO cooler, go with a 240/360 size.

Plz keep questions in one thread. Do not ask the same question in a new thread. You will get the answers you need in one thread as apposed to multiple threads/ all over the map.

Alright thank you ill keep that in mind. But the tdp on the icekimo is 200w and the 980x is 130w but when under full load it can go up to 250w is the cooler just referring to the original 130w tdp listed on the cpu?

It's still a single 120mm rad. Not enough surface area to dissipate the heatload of 250w. Again it'll shave a few degrees, but not much. You're wasting money on a single 120mm rad AIO cooler. Are you space limited in your case that you're only going for a single 120mm?

My suggestion: Save a bit more for the 240mm, otherwise it's a waste if you go with the 120mm.

I concur as well. Quiet frankly your best option because custom cooling would be way out of your range. Even look for a used 240mm AIO if it needs to be. Just make sure how long its been used for.

You are not limited to AIO liquid either.

If by stock cooling you mean the intel fan, there are plenty of great air coolers around the 50 dollar range that will do a great job for you.

As the others have said, the 120mm solutions are not really solutions.

Back